460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. I'm gonna run this by you all and see what you guys think...

We have a member of the forum who has just undergone a colon resection, and could really use our help. I'm doing this unknowing to him or his family, and I thought since it'll be awhile before he's back on the forum I would try to gather "our" family together and see if we can help them out... I figure as many members as we have, we could all schuck $20.00 in the pot and it may not cover all of it but it'll sure help out... To keep it quiet I'm asking you to send the funds to me either through M.O. or my Paypal acct... I know what some of you are already thinking and don't even go there.!! One of our brothers is in need of help and I think this is a great idea... PM me or call me 406 431 3265 anytime for more details... This could be the start of a good thing. Who knows, maybe next time one of us will need some help... So come on guys how bout it??

My Paypal is: [email protected]

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
436 Posts
sounds like a good thing count me in.i would always rather be the one giving than the one recieving but you never know what lies ahead we all seem to have a dangerous hobby!

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's awesome guys. I thought about it and to speed things up some, here's my address:
Doug Roope
950 Wild Wind Rd.
Helena, Montana.

And my Paypal is: [email protected]

Thanks guys,

Doug... 8)

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Doug,
I will send it also, if everyone new him, I'm sure they would want to help.

Let me know when he is home and feels like a phone call. I have not talked to him in about three months. :oops:

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok guys, we pulled in $200.00 last night in just a couple hours. That's awesome. I will mention that he and his wife are "planning" on coming up here as soon as he's well enough to travel. (Hopefully around Thanksgiving). I've started a medical expense acct. for them in their names at my bank. I plan on taking them there to get it when they arrive here, and telling them Merry Christmas from all of us @ 460ford.com. Think how awesome that would be for them. And how good it will make all of us feel to be able to help them...

Thanks to all who have helped so far, and I'll keep you all posted.

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:D :D :D

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Come on guys... We seem to have hit a wall here.... What's $20.00 gonna set you back?? The guy's already on Disability, and his wife can't work either...... For alot of us racing season is over...
Heck I even got donations from people here in town that don't even know them...... It's not all that bad to do good once in a while......

Doug... 8)

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
I just talked to this member, I will refer to him as L, before I post the results I want everyone to know that I am not trying to pressure anybody into giving, if it is in your heart to give then give, if it is not, then don't. I just want to give an update and an overview of what is going on.

L, had 8 foot of his colon removed, if anyone knows anatomy, I think that is most all of it, then there is the small bowl, he had this done on Tuesday and got his first bite of food today. His life will now be changed, we hope for the better, he was lucky not to have a colostomy (a bag on his side). He sounds really good, in great spirit, and looking forward to getting home.

As Doug stated, he is on disability, but it just started and he has no Medicare or insurance. The sad thing is, if this had of happened 2 months later, he would most likely had Medicare.

That's the update.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I was gonna get a pizza to eat for this evening and tomorrow, but I already had some strawberry jam so I just got a loaf of bread to go with that. It's a tiny price to pay so I could at least contribute my measly ten bucks. I shouldn't be so poor... oh well.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Mine's on it's is way Doug. :D Come on boy's and girls throw in $5.00 $10.00 $20.00 what ever. There Ford folks that NEED a hand, let's help out.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:D :D :D

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Doug, My 25.00 will be in the mail Tomorrow. Thanks for informing us. Rick

·
Registered
40 Posts
helping out

Just got back to visit this site.
I'll be using paypal tomorrow. I have a special account that I use on the internet, so if it gets compromised I won't lose everything. I'll be placing funds in it tomorrow.
Tell him, God bless him and his own.
Jim

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Jim, and everyone else who has contributed so far... We have a long way to go though. Let's keep it up fellas..... :D

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Doug

I just seen this and hit you on paypal.You are good people man thinking of a brother in need.I know what hes going and gone through and if it wasn't for my friends and family,I would have jumped along time ago.Good Luckand God Bless !!!
One more thing,I pray and say Thanks to all of our Veterans,Soldiers,Law Enforcement and Firefighters for what they have done and do every day.!!!

Thankyou Everyone
Bob Meader

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
With my best wishes

I just sent what I could via PayPal; you'll know it's me by the racesystems.com email address. I wish him and his family the best; that procedure is terribly unpleasant; as is the lifestyle changes that he will have to get used to.

I can't lessen most of the burden, but at least I can take a small bite out of the financial one. Best wishes; you're in my prayers.

Byron

·
Registered
900 Posts
donation

Sent it the other day hope he gets better, you just never know with out your health you don't have anything. You can have all the money big block fords what ever with out your health can't enjoy it. Joe

1 - 20 of 23 Posts