460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one have knowlege of the new sfi rules for 2008 regarding funny car cage in a door slammer? I heard it was differant. Any way does anyone have drawings or pictures how it is suppose to be? I've ordered a new rule book but I'm building now. Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
i know there is nothing in the rule book that is very clear. you need the funny car cage at 8.50. You'll have to get the sfi drawing from nhras tech department. I hope that helps some. The only pics in the rule book are for the basic cage. Good luck

·
Registered
126 Posts
right now 8.50 and slower only require 10 point cage
to go faster then 8.50 the first step would be to 25.5 all that is adding a
funny car cage and x the floors if the stock floors are not used.if the stock floor is used you are not required to x the floors,
I have not recived anything from sfi that says they are changing the cage design,when I take to my division tech guy I will ask him if he has heard anything
Andy Smith
PROTREE RACE CARS

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
texas54 said:
Does any one have knowlege of the new sfi rules for 2008 regarding funny car cage in a door slammer? I heard it was differant. Any way does anyone have drawings or pictures how it is suppose to be? I've ordered a new rule book but I'm building now. Thanks
I have a book I bought from SFI on 25.1E cars. to be honest yopur best bet is to call SFI and get a $35.00 book on your particular car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts