460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
my blinkers and my brake lights stopped working all of the sudden today. I replaced the flasher relay, and while I was down there I noticed that the red wire that should be connected to the fuse box is off. Replacing the relay did not fix the issue so I think it might be related to this red wire being out of the fuse box (?)

attaching a photo.Am I on the right track here? Been searching everywhere trying to find where I should be plugging this wire in but I can鈥檛 get a straight answer and I don鈥檛 want to do anything that can hurt the electrical. Please help any advice is huge 馃槆
Circuit component Gesture Hardware programmer Passive circuit component Electronic component

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks to me like someone鈥檚 been in there doing some unsavory things. Attaching fittings to the power side of the fuse holder bypassing the fuse. I could be wrong. Proceed with care.
That鈥檚 what I was wondering. I鈥檝e been driving this beastie for only 4 months so there鈥檚 been a lot of stuff I鈥檝e discovered like that. Can anyone else confirm? I can鈥檛 find a straight answer on how it鈥檚 supposed to be wired

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update: the starter relay pictured above feeds into the second relay next to the auxiliary (second) battery, on that solenoid both the S and the I terminals appear to be hooked up to the harness. Also this second relay is what鈥檚 connected to the starter/alt. Going to try and replace that second relay and see what happens. Sorry for the confusion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts