460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my boy out a couple weeks ago on the ole 22. He was arround the place a little. The three in the center are from yours truly on a rapid fire off the knee: wink:
What really impressed me though was how he handled the rifle. Hes gonna be a natural.

Lets keep this unpolitical please guys, hence the title. Just proud of my Boy!!!
Al

Attachments

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Cool, I remember when my Dad gave me my first .22.

I gave both my daughters .22 rifles when they were 10 and 12. And they can use 'em. We haven't done any plinking in a while. Your story reminds me that we need to get out and make some noise. :)

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
reminds me of my first .22 also (I was 9 or 10, can't recall exactly). It was a big step up from my .177 pellet rifle which was my age 7 birthday present. Why are the spots blue? Probably a stupid question, but I really don't know.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Went to Boy Scout camp with my 10 year old scout. He has done a little shooting with a BB gun but this was the first time with a real rifle. He finished second in the shooting competition in his troop losing to an Eagle Scout. He's a natural. I'm a proud poppa.

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
My oldest daughter did 4H BB gun comp this year and did quite well for her first time out. Purple ribbon is OK by me. I've always told my daughters that any time they want to shoot a gun, I'd be happy to help them. I let them decide when they are ready. It always goes better when they want to do something, rather than me push on them about doing it.:)

Tell the boy "Good Job" from me.;)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Very Cool,I got my .22 at 8 and my .410 at ten.So I did the same for my Boy at the same age's and he was also a natural.Fast forward 10 yrs. and he had no problem qualifying at Parris Island,Future Patriot?

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Thats cool I still have my 1st 22 it a glenfield simi auto got it 1974 at the age of 8 it came from K Mart I think my dad said he paid $49.99 for it you can only shoot copper head bullits in it now or it will jam on you it only had about a 1,000,000 round through it through the years it might not had that many but I couldn't even take a guess how many.I hope to keep it until I die and pass it on to one of the girls probley the youngest she is more in to guns than the oldest.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Very cool Al... I got my 1st .22 around 6 or 7 ('73 or '74), and still have it... It's a Stevens visible loader pump... I can't shoot it anymore because it just can't be fixed anymore... After all these years, at probably 20,000 rds/summer, my gunsmith said he can no longer rebuild the firing pin... Here are 3 different 3 shot groups from benchrest @ 100 yds. I fired with it... Notice, that the largest group is only 1.405" :D:D:D My kids too can "almost" duplicate my shooting... And I won't even go there with the wife...:eek::eek:

Doug...:cool:

·
Registered
872 Posts
I was at the range 3 July practicing and cycling about 200 rnds through the nightstand gun.

I was amazed at the young children there with there parents ad grandparents teaching and shooting with the kids. Maybe there is hope for the future after all.

Doug - you have a pm you might like

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks from the comments guys.
FYI,Scott. The blue tape is for marking previous shots.Werent you in the military??

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Al,.........Havn't I seen that little SNIPER somewhere before? Tell him I said GREAT job. I will tell him myself in 2 weeks;)

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Thanks from the comments guys.
FYI,Scott. The blue tape is for marking previous shots.Werent you in the military??
Why yes, I've been in the military many many years :D I always just take a regular ballpoint pen to mark previous shots when I'm shooting up pizza boxes and stuff. I was just sighting in the new shotgun scope on my .458 win mag last week. I had it all set up with my bipod and shooting prone with 500grain bullets over 71 grains of Reloder 12. Not too smart as it has too much kick for anything but standing and shooting. But at least it's sighted in very nicely now. The bipod came right back off and my shoulder is feeling tip top now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts