460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I remember what the guy I bought it from told me correctly it's been at least 20yrs since this car moved under it's own power, actually sat in a farm field for over 12yrs (that was how long he had owned it, hadn't been lic since 1983)
It's nothing special yet, really needs work as far as paint etc. And it's not 429/460 powered (dropped a used 390 into it I traded for with a C6 I built for the guy a couple years ago) but took it around the block for the first time today. still has a lot of little stuff to fix before taking it to the track but seeing some light and it feels great.

Oh and you can see the art work from the local 8yr old delinquent too LOL

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Cool car there Rob.:cool: Them 390's are a mean engine too.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Its always good to see one more brought back to life.

Something about the ressurection of a "lost cause" that tickles my heart. Once you get it running, the rest is much easier. taking care of your past says a lot about your future... :)

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
schmitty said:
Them 390's are a mean engine too.
Yeah I like the FE's too but some have a meaning with the inititlas meaning F expensive, and to get the power that you can out of a 385 series it's very true. But they can be made to run (have built several) and they always did sound good IMO

Here is the current configuration.

If i could find a decent priced tripower or dual 4 with carbs I would probably just stay with an FE in this car honestly. And who knows may anyway LOL

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Thats a good looking car and with some paint and body work it will really be great

·
Registered
871 Posts
If I remember what the guy I bought it from told me correctly it's been at least 20yrs since this car moved under it's own power, actually sat in a farm field for over 12yrs (that was how long he had owned it, hadn't been lic since 1983)
It's nothing special yet, really needs work as far as paint etc. And it's not 429/460 powered (dropped a used 390 into it I traded for with a C6 I built for the guy a couple years ago) but took it around the block for the first time today. still has a lot of little stuff to fix before taking it to the track but seeing some light and it feels great.

Oh and you can see the art work from the local 8yr old delinquent too LOL
Looks like he was trying to tint the windows, and doing a fine job I might add.:D

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally got the longer wheel studs and was able to test fit the slicks on it. Personally I think they look pretty good on this car.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Rob, Nice car! i just got started on a 65 fairlane that i had for 19 years myself. I'll post some pictures soon. Want to sell your front rims?

·
Registered
750 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Car looks great Monsterbaby. Who cares if its FE. Thats a GOOD lookin FE under the hood. I think i'd finish the car with that FE and enjoy it.

Just looks like a little body work and it will be a really nice ride.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah gonna run it with the FE for awhile. I always did like them and they can make some great power but dang it I have a A460 block, Billet rods and a few other small items sitting here just itching to be used :cool:

Thanks for the compliments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts