460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 88 F150 with dual tanks. If I put fuel in the rear tank it siphons into the front one, the front tank works fine. Any ideas why?

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
There is a little thing mounted along the frame that routes the return fuel back to the correct tank(one with the pump running). Those can mess up and then the return fuel is returned either to the same tank all the time or to the wrong tank.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
If it is like my 86 it also has a fuel filter in it to the bottom of it srews off mine did it when my dad owned it took it apart and cleaned it out real good and replaced the filter and it is still work fine and that was about 4 years ago if you change the filter it comes with the new o-ring i used a touch of super glue to hold in place while tighting it up the o-ring is hard to keep in place one of the return line in the top was stop up dont know how it got stoped up that is what we found wrong we where going to change it when old man said we were going to take it apart before buying a new one he from the old school only buy it if it can't be fixed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts