Discussion Starter #1
Has a good gathering place ever been decided yet. I don't want to miss it
Just curious.
Thx
Aaron

·
Registered
823 Posts
My vote is for Carlisle. I imagien there will be a lot of us going to the All Ford Nationals. Maybe we can figure out a time and place to meet up. Like at the base of the Grandstands on Saturday at noon. Do a little lunch dealio. Or perhaps up on the open second floor of Subway. That may be better as it's a smaller area so we won't have trouble finding eachother. just a thought.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
With the current trend in fuel prices, it seems highly unlikely that any big get together is gonna happen.
It will just have to be on the local level for the majority of us.

·
Registered
823 Posts
True, but at the larger get togethers people travel from farther away. Carlisle is probably the biggest event for us Ford guys. Also, another event that is an opportunity for us to meet up is Woodward. People come from pretty far to go there.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cadunkle said:
My vote is for Carlisle. I imagien there will be a lot of us going to the All Ford Nationals. Maybe we can figure out a time and place to meet up. Like at the base of the Grandstands on Saturday at noon. Do a little lunch dealio. Or perhaps up on the open second floor of Subway. That may be better as it's a smaller area so we won't have trouble finding eachother. just a thought.

When and where is this event???? I'd like to make plans

·
Registered
823 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
The only problem with Carlisle, is it doesn't offer much for us Drag racer type, IMHO.. or am I mistaken ?

Mike

·
Registered
823 Posts
Carlisle is a car show and swap meet. Huge show and huge swap meet. Also on Friday night at South Mountain Dragway are 1/8 mile drags for Ford only. So there is some racing that's affiliated with it but it's primarily a car show and swap meet. South Mountain is a cool backwoods track. Definitely a different experience from the track I regularly go to, which is Atco.

Here is teh South Mountain website. http://www.southmountaindragway.us

A good racing type meet is the Fun Ford Weekend, which my buddy told me there is one near us in Englishtow, NJ this weekend. We may go Saturday to that. What a marvelous few days full of car events for me. 4/27, 4/28 and 4/29. :twisted:[/url]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts