460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 1952 f1 with 3.89 28" tall 275x60x15 mt dr would like to run 30" tall 315x60x15 do u think it would kill my et best et is 11.45 @116 but run hi 11.50s most the time

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
It will depend a little bit... It is the same a losing a little bit of gearing of course, but sometimes that just means you can hit it with a little more rpm on the launch, which allows the engine to reach the rpm range where it makes the most power quicker, which can quicken the run... however if you are boardering on not having enough power for the tire, then you could slow down as you need the gear to get the car moving. That being said, the tire you are currently running, is the ET Street Radial (3754R)... And your talking about going to the 3763R... The question I would have is are you spinning off the line, or are you wanting this to give you more bite? If that is your reason, then it is worth a try... as it means your over powering the track and this would give you a better footprint.

If you want to go over some options, feel free to call me anytime. I would also give you a deal on Mickey Thompson if you need it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts