460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys its been a long time coming- and next weekend she should fire for the first time :lol:
finishing up all the wiring - and odds and ends so im hoping next at-sun she will have power

im very excited :p

any words to give would be great :wink:

thanks guys gerry :shock:

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Buy some beer & invite the neighbors over next weekend so they are less likely to complain about the noise during the fire up/breakin run.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.S. said:
Buy some beer & invite the neighbors over next weekend so they are less likely to complain about the noise during the fire up/breakin run.
lol.......when they come out of the house dripping wet in a towel its tooooo loud :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Banned
4,325 Posts
My Wife called and ask me where I was going to test my car before the bash? I said the drive way! she said No your not going to fire it up and launch in the drive way no way..... :shock:

Yep I am going to test the new engine and Rubber on my nice driveway might make a few Launches for the Neighbors sake... :twisted: I think 800+ hp would make a few marks hehehehhee 8) Launching it @ 5500 stall..

Randy

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Launching it @ 5500 stall..
Gotta test the transbrake somewhere :wink:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Gerry,Nice to hear you're about to get it fired.

Is Ken Cooper still around haven't seen him on any message boards lately.If you need any help let me know i only live 30 minutes away and i don't work on Sundays.

Later Mark

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I just love these moments :D Good luck, keep us posted and most of all enjoy the moment because it's not everyday you can have a first time!

I'll be writing one of these post in another 2 months or so.....

GOOOOOOOD lUCK

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
D your right these are best of times. But I have to tell my best of times worst of times celebration story. I was getting ready to fire up my new 351W, so I put some gas in the nearest container " Yes it was a beer can" you can see where this going already! Well I poured some gas in the carb fired it up, broke in the cam. Every thing was Great, so we all toasted are accomplishment and I grabbed my beer can and took nice pull off it in victory and almost ****! I now had half a throat and mouth full of 95 octane I spit it 25' easy! :shock: Everything turned out fine none went down the hatch so just left a very bad, cold taste. My son and my bud's were laughing for the next forty five Mn. at me expense. Thank God I took my CIGAR out of my mouth before. :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: **** happens but only once! Good luck with the new Motor. :D

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Everything will go fine. I was nervous as hell when I fired mine up for the first time. Mostly, because I put it together myself. :D Looking forward to the successful update. 8)

·
Registered
524 Posts
Gerry,

Glad to hear its coming along for you. Keep us posted.

Brenden

1 - 20 of 28 Posts