460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yep, I went by the ford lot today & have my eye on a 07 stang with an optional supercharger. I am going to sell my big block capri & get a car with a/c cruise, tilt, power brakes& steering with all the other goodies. These new mustangs with some boost make 550-600 hp on pump gas and drive like a dream :wink:

·
Registered
263 Posts
not a good idea in my opinion you have no pride in it all you did was buy it you didnt build like your capri now thats a sweet *** car. i would rather have a car that i built and get compliments out of that feels so much better knowing that you built it. just my .02

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know what you mean, I do enjoy the props from people when they see/hear my capri , :D however I have seen many new supercharged mustangs at the chassis dyno laying down some very impressive numbers & I would love to have a new car with almost the horsepower that my capri has . sure the 07 won't get me a 10 sec time slip like the capri, but supercharged it will run 11's. My wife is pissed about me wanting to sell the capri :evil: . After 5 years of labor & $34,000.00 she was like WHAT THE [email protected]#$. If there was a way financially to keep the capri & buy the 07 that would be ok with me ,however I can't swing that since now it is my wifes turn to get a car. :roll:

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's something my friend at ford can install & put into my loan :p , not really an option you check off on a sheet :wink: . they will install killer sound systems, wings, hood scoops, etc. & it only raises your payment a liitle bit :lol:

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Alot of dealerships will sale you the car and give you the option to install the FRPP whipple supercharger kit.(twin screw supercharger) If I had to do over and had another chance to buy a Mustang I would have that kit added and the FRPP handling kit.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
3000.00 , 550-600 hp depending on which pulley you use :twisted: , I'll have to get back to you on the warranty :roll:

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Rods...

Before you get too excited, I'd wait a little while and see how the GT 500 fares.

The rods are same as the lightning truck supposedly, which personally would scare me...since I've seen several (more than 6) lightning trucks that broke rods. Most were modified running 400-450rwhp...which would equate to near what the GT-500 is putting out.

Considering the potential of the GT-500, I bet you start seeing all kinds of engine carnage before long. Pulley changes are easy, rod changes are not.

If I was spending the bucks, I'd wait a year to make sure it's stable.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Amen brother :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
I like the Boss Mustang I just read about in this months Car & Driver (some magazine I get in the mail) They said it is going to come from the factory with a 5.0 3v making close to 400hp Na (I think it was a 3v could have been there Cammer engine 4v 5.0)

I'd like to see if they offer it in a auto, for myself!

It's suppose to be in competition with the new camero that's coming out. Since the Gt500 is so nose heavy it doesn't have good road course numbers. Dragstrip yes!

·
Registered
6,697 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Devildog said:
Nose heavy?...hell the the thing is a porker....4000lbs?...ridiculous..............D
Ya, I also read that they had to add more welds and supports in the frame is another reason why it weighs more. The convert is really heavy!

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
I think they should have just used the engine out of the GT. It was over built from everything I have read. Heck 500hp would have been small crackers for it!

·
Registered
558 Posts
You'll enjoy your new '07. I had the opportunity to rent one of these little jewels this past weekend for the FFW Bristol race. That Shelby is a joy to drive and a hell of a lot of fun. Car worked pretty well too. I won the Ultra Stang class and extended my points lead for the championship. Sorry about the sizing....tried to reduce it further and it looked odd.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts