460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't know how desperately you want glass doors, I assume it is just for weight reduction on the cyclone in your signature, but you could try something like this. This guy is building an American Iron Mustang, and is making almost every panel out of Carbon Fiber. He details how he made the door - ended up weighing 3 pound. You would need the stock doors in good condition to make molds, though.

Here is the link: http://www.theturboforums.com/PBcarbonfiber.php

·
Registered
88 Posts
Dont know if this helps but there was a place called show cars fiberglass (or somthing like that). I found glass doors listed there for my 68 torino. They even have doors listed as street weight or race weight. Hope this helps. John

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks Radir68,I called Show Cars last year because I saw they had the doors in race or street trim & they did not have them.I talked to the guy & he said he would make them if I sent my doors to him. He wanted $700.00 ea & I would have had a ton of freight involved so I decided against it. I will probably have to pay alot of $ no matter what just because its not a common item.,Thanks Randy

·
Registered
94 Posts
doors

Hey Randy, did u check with the site torinocobra.com? I bought a weld up kit roll cage and funny car cage from, Auto Weld Danville Pa., this spring for 1970 torino. Maybe they can be some help.
I saw your car run again about the middle of july, very impressive.I think u had the longest wheelbase car there. Some pic. on the Car Buildup Forum would be nice of a big green missle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts