460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
My guess would be pretty much the only guy with any Bob Glidden parts would in fact be Bob Glidden.

He always played things pretty close to his chest with his engine stuff. Never sold or rented motors to anybody else. Very secretive about his stuff. When he rolled his T-bird at Atlanta back in the day the first thing he did when he crawled out of the car was drape his jacket over the broken intake manifold so nobody could see inside. This was while the medics where trying to patch up the blood running down his arm.

dkp

·
Registered
111 Posts
Glidden parts

What exactly looking for we have a 632 Hemi that will be coming for sale very soon. I have been told from a very reliable sorce the heads ive got are very semilar to what glidden ran in 80's Might consider selling top end sepratley thanks Judd Coffman

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
what are u lookin for,judd has a great A.R. 632 BOSS,WHAT ELSE ARE U LOOKIN FOR?

-R

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
bosshoss said:
My guess would be pretty much the only guy with any Bob Glidden parts would in fact be Bob Glidden.

He always played things pretty close to his chest with his engine stuff. Never sold or rented motors to anybody else. Very secretive about his stuff. When he rolled his T-bird at Atlanta back in the day the first thing he did when he crawled out of the car was drape his jacket over the broken intake manifold so nobody could see inside. This was while the medics where trying to patch up the blood running down his arm.

dkp
AT ALL COSTS GAURD THE INTAKE.........

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
bosshoss said:

dkp
I remember that well. Still have the video of it. Most impressive composure I have ever seen of a person after a wreck.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
WHAT R YOUR PLANS FOR THE STUFF,DO U HAVE AR HEMI STUFF OR ?

WAS /IS IT NHRA OR IHRA?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Boss Stuff

Yes I have a 70 Hemi Super Comp Car. I have a set of Roush prepped heads just like Ronnie Sox's pro-stock heads. I also am looking for a set of early phase 1 AR Heads. Many people don't know there are several different phases of AR Ford Hemi Heads. I am looking for the early heads because they take the origional rockers and the exhaust bolt pattern is the same as the Ford Hemi's. The early heads are not better than the latter phases. I just can't bring myself to bracket race with the origional equipment. I know these heads are worth alot to a true nostalga racer. I have been collecting Hemi stuff for 30 yrs. I'M looking to unload all my origional stuff to the right person. I have a Magnesium Spyder Intake and Two Nascar Blocks and the Roush Heads. I have several sets of new and used pistons, BRC and Ross stroker pistons. No I am not a collector, the stuff is so rare I just grabbed it when I could. No I don't have any stock stuff. There are many speculators out there just looking for deals. The stuff I got from Glidden is in boxes and I have not looked at it for 10 yrs. This is why I left my email address, I will not reply in the public media any further. I hope I answered some of your questions. Boss Johnny

·
Registered
508 Posts
forgive the ignorance a 1000 times over :oops: :oops: and I know this isnt the right section but who is bob gilden and why are his things so secretive? was he that good at developing heads and intakes that made more power then say kaase hemi's or a and b 441 heads or even AR?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Bob Glidden!!!!

10 time NHRA Pro Stock Champion 9 times in a Ford. Once in a Plymouth Arrow.

85 NHRA National Event victories.

Multiple IHRA National Event victories as well.

Not sure if he ever won an IHRA championship due to being committed to NHRA full time.

Retired from driving about 10 years ago has been seen in several different pro stock pits lately making a come back of sorts.

He was nicknamed Mad Dog by his peers back in the day because of his ferocious never quit, work till it was done attitude.

The best 500 inch NHRA Ford hemi guy there ever was bar none.

Didnt do to bad with the 357 Cleveland stuff either.

Not to mention that little 340 experiment :shock: :shock:

Cant seem to keep a job with any pro stock team as an employee. It seems he demands more than most people are willing to give and doesnt like to be argued with.

His eldest son Billy has made a huge name for himself running pro 5.0 cars all over the country for the past 10-15 years.

In the top ten on NHRA's greatest drivers of all time list.

And on it goes.

He's a true drag racing legend :D :D :D

dkp

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Re: Boss Stuff

BossJohnny said:
Yes I have a 70 Hemi Super Comp Car. I have a set of Roush prepped heads just like Ronnie Sox's pro-stock heads. I also am looking for a set of early phase 1 AR Heads. Many people don't know there are several different phases of AR Ford Hemi Heads. I am looking for the early heads because they take the origional rockers and the exhaust bolt pattern is the same as the Ford Hemi's. The early heads are not better than the latter phases. I just can't bring myself to bracket race with the origional equipment. I know these heads are worth alot to a true nostalga racer. I have been collecting Hemi stuff for 30 yrs. I'M looking to unload all my origional stuff to the right person. I have a Magnesium Spyder Intake and Two Nascar Blocks and the Roush Heads. I have several sets of new and used pistons, BRC and Ross stroker pistons. No I am not a collector, the stuff is so rare I just grabbed it when I could. No I don't have any stock stuff. There are many speculators out there just looking for deals. The stuff I got from Glidden is in boxes and I have not looked at it for 10 yrs. This is why I left my email address, I will not reply in the public media any further. I hope I answered some of your questions. Boss Johnny
ALL THE AR HEADS TAKE THE STOCK BOSS 429 ROCKERS,OR THE AR ROCKERS,THE ONLY OTHER ROCKER THAT FITS IS THE MILLER ROCKERS,OTHER WISE U HAVE TO CHANGE BOLT ANGLE TO USE JESSEL,WE BROKE A FEW OF THE AR ROCKERS,WE USE JESSEL NOW,WE HAVE TRIED THEM ALL EXECPT FOR THE NEW T AND D THAT WE HAVE NOT SEEN FOR THE BOSS/AR HEAD(NOTE# WE NEVER EVER BROKE A STOCK ROCKER EVEN AT 8000 RPM)

YES THERE ARE 2 DIFFERENT AR HEADS, THE OTHER SERCRET ONE IS THE WELDED UP CHAMBER,LATTER CAST, FIRST 10 OR SO WERE WELDED,AND LATTER CAST TO SAVE TIME,YOU CAN CHANGE THE EHX BOLT PATTERN BACK THE TO EARLY,BUT THE AR HEADS ARE A PATTERN OF THERE OWN OTHERWISE,WE CHANGED OURS BACK-R

1 - 13 of 13 Posts