460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Last I looked the law was pretty explicite on flag Eticate..... Old Glory on top.... any thing else below, How hard is it to understand....... Just press 2 and it will be explained.... :lol:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I love this guy, every time I watch this I get worked up. It will get worse after Nov.. no matter who it is :!: It may 2 for English soon:evil:

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bruno said:
im mexican !!!!
:?: :?: :?:

What does that have to do with it? This was a post about our flag. I have nothing against Mexican people. My best friend at work is hispanic, but he calls himself American. I do have a problem with people who break the law, and I subsidize it. I don't want this to turn in to anything, but many, many fine men and women have died to defend that flag. We can at least show some respect. If you disagree, then I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I did not mean any disrespect of Americans of Mexican decent in my last post. I apologize if it seemed that way. :oops:

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I remember participating a lot in this topic when it came up last, before it was locked down. So may as well play along since the ball is rolling again. I really don't care whose flag is flown above another. I can see why it's a law though, so people at places near the border won't be confused as to their location if there's a rule saying which flag is to be on top. If this was just an uneducated mistake, I see no reason to get pissy about it. The store owner made an error and that's all. We don't abuse retards just because they have mental shortcomings... it's not his fault he didn't know better. If he was intentionally desecrating the U.S. flag, I could see some reason for anger, BUT at least it shows the guy cares. And this is why I don't have a problem with flag desecration. It doesn't mean you hate your country if you openly desecrate the flag. It means you are unhappy with something that is happening and you care so much about your country that you're protesting. Wanting to fix your country's shortcomings is what being a good American is all about. Sitting by doing nothing and saying "I love my country and that makes me patriotic" in my opinion is doing far less to make this nation great than getting out and protesting what you disagree with. And it's our freedoms to say and express what we want that make this place so good. Let's not trample upon those freedoms just because we're offended.
Actually, lemme just find the old thread and post up the link....

There:

http://www.460ford.com/viewtopic.php?t=17407&highlight=rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Scott, its not retards, it is now referred to as mentally challenged. :D

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I didn't realize that it was posted before, sorry.

Scott, I do not agree with your view. I think it is a little naive to believe that these people don't know that they are disrespecting our country. They break our laws to get here, a lot of times they don't pay there share of taxes, they use billions of dollars of US taxpayer funds, they have degraded our school systems, put hospitals out of business, they sometimes carry diseases that we have all but eradicated here in the US, they commit fraud (fake SSN, etc) they send most of the money back to Mexico (definitely hurts the US economy), they undercut jobs, they reduce wages, the drive uninsured on our roads, I could go on and on. Many do all this and more and never have any intentions to become 'Americans' and assimilate. But, we are willing to take all these negative effects just so we can buy a head of lettuce for 50 cents instead of 60 cents. What a sad thing this is. Many of them come here and 'rape' our country and you will sit here and tell me they have no idea they are disrespecting our country. Flying Mexico's flag over the US flag falls right in line with that general attiitude.

Scott, you’re a history man. What happened to Rome when Emperor Flavius Valens allowed in thousands of Gothic refugees to 'do the jobs that Americans (I'm sorry Romans) won't or didn't want to do' (sound a little familiar?) I think they revolted and a little later Rome fell.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
skosler said:
I didn't realize that it was posted before, sorry.

Scott, I do not agree with your view. I think it is a little naive to believe that these people don't know that they are disrespecting our country. They break our laws to get here, a lot of times they don't pay there share of taxes, they use billions of dollars of US taxpayer funds, they have degraded our school systems, put hospitals out of business, they sometimes carry diseases that we have all but eradicated here in the US, they commit fraud (fake SSN, etc) they send most of the money back to Mexico (definitely hurts the US economy), they undercut jobs, they reduce wages, the drive uninsured on our roads, I could go on and on. Many do all this and more and never have any intentions to become 'Americans' and assimilate. But, we are willing to take all these negative effects just so we can buy a head of lettuce for 50 cents instead of 60 cents. What a sad thing this is. Many of them come here and 'rape' our country and you will sit here and tell me they have no idea they are disrespecting our country. Flying Mexico's flag over the US flag falls right in line with that general attiitude.

Scott, you’re a history man. What happened to Rome when Emperor Flavius Valens allowed in thousands of Gothic refugees to 'do the jobs that Americans (I'm sorry Romans) won't or didn't want to do' (sound a little familiar?) I think they revolted and a little later Rome fell.
Very well said.....

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Being the military person I am, if I remember correctly !!!

The American Flag is to be flown by itself, the only flag that can fly below it on the same mast is one of it's union states. "No other" country flag can fly on the same mast as the American flag, it must be flown on a separate mast. :wink:

Scott - I disagree with you as a past veteran of war myself, that flag and what it stands for maybe means more/something different to him then what it means to you. He put his life in front of the flag so others could enjoy freedom...... ........... To you the flag is something you think you can "burn" to show the government that your unhappy with your countries decsions and need a change. The flag is a "tool" for you rather than being a symbol of pride and freedom.

BTW - Glad I was able to get this posted before it gets locked. LMAO

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
blastertech70 said:
Being the military person I am, if I remember correctly !!!

The American Flag is to be flown by itself, the only flag that can fly below it on the same mast is one of it's union states. "No other" country flag can fly on the same mast as the American flag, it must be flown on a separate mast. :wink:

Scott - I disagree with you as a past veteran of war myself, that flag and what it stands for maybe means more/something different to him then what it means to you. He put his life in front of the flag so others could enjoy freedom...... ........... To you the flag is something you think you can "burn" to show the government that your unhappy with your countries decsions and need a change. The flag is a "tool" for you rather than being a symbol of pride and freedom.

BTW - Glad I was able to get this posted before it gets locked. LMAO
Thank you blaster for that response... You took the words right outa my mouth (or off my fingertips in this case) Only I was about to post more aggressively than you did....

I agree 100% with both you and skosler... It's obvious the guy knew what he was doing, he didn't even try to lie his way out of it....

I also agree with you Ben, I've seen this clip a few times and it brings tears to my eyes knowing that people are getting sick and tired... :x :x

X2 on being glad to be able to reply before it gets locked... :wink:

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Yeah, look how brave they are... Hiding behind a mask... Notice, the only people (most of them anyway) that are "really" lashing out are the ones wearing masks... :roll: :wink:

Doug... 8)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts