460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a meeting with the big wheels at work today. They laid out the 3-5 year plan, increased some benefits and gave out a 2% raise. I know there is a lot of folks out of a job right now so it's kind of a relief to hear this news at work. :):)

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Good deal. We'll likely just get a "maintenance increase" versus a real raise, but I'm not going to bitch. Bonuses are still unknown as well.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I hadn't gotten a raise in almost 3yrs and when they called me back to work it was at a 4.5% pay cut. I do give them credit as it's across the board EVERYONE is taking that much of a cut (upper management taking even more) and supposed to start getting it back in April until back to full rate hopefully by sometime in July.

But yeah glad I still have a job.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
At my plant, we are running maximum production rates, so it "looks" good, but my gut instinct sez different. But I ain't no psychic.........

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Being in the food biz i don't worry to much folks got eat.
Hotrod good news for a change! We need more of that.

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Glad to hear some good news on the job front, rather than the laid off/fired stuff.:)

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I farm for a living so I'll never run out of work , now ,making any money is another story !!
Frank
Brooks , Alberta , Canada

·
Registered
355 Posts
Glad to hear some of you guys are not only keeping your jobs but getting raises too! here in the sticks of VA things are rough !

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Well there's a little good news. Congratulations.

On a sad note, I heard this morning that the Ford dealer in our little town is selling off his stock and closing the doors. I guess I better go take a walk through his parts dept. looking for bargains.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
That's good news. So far we're not doing to bad at work, although they have not sold a single plane so far this year. We do have about a 3 year backlog of planes to build, but some customers have canceled their orders and are taking the loss on their deposits. Tomorrow they are having and All Hands meeting in one of the hangars to give us and update on the health of the company. Raises are still on but there is a freeze on hiring and and some of the contractors we have working with us are not getting their contracts renewed :eek:, that's not a good sign.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Glad to hear some good news Hotrod.Good Deal:eek:
We make alot of reading book paper here at our mill, and about 1/3 of our production is for Carbonless paper. Carbonless used to be the goin thing a few yrs. back, but it becoming a dying breed. We're goin pretty strong right now though. Keep buying and readin them there books :p:p;)

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I did pretty good as well, for the way things are going for most other folks. A raise of almost 4%, but the best news was we didn't lose our bonus. Mine came out to just over 12% of my base pay. Just two weeks ago, we didn't thing we were getting anything. I have a few parts for the Fairlane to get, and the rest (after a 39% tax), will hang around for a rainy day.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
We've got to vote on a contract extension saturday, they are "offering" a 12 percent paycut ,taking our pension and doing away with our 401-K and raising our insurance premiums, and the word today was they'll be closing our plant either way we vote. We've been working a week on and a week off all year. i guess only time will tell what happens . All the plants here are having huge work force reductions in the last 6 months ,so I see it coming . It's going to be tough ,there's not a job to be had anywhere around here now!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
we are working 36hrs a week no overtime the steel industry is in the crapper.we dont know from day to day if we have a job,cant trust nothing the company tells you.they make it up as they go.

·
Registered
379 Posts
our company rolled out a 10% pay cut for everyone that dosent get payed by the hour includeing the upper crust.we are suppose to be getting a bonus in april for meeting 4 of the 5 goals reached last year each goal is 1%.their will not be a rase this year all though the company said it is warrented.later on in the year they may have a one time payout if things improve enough.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts