460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we have about 250 runs on the old junk yard 460 still running 12.11's all day long but I think she's starting to cry some.

We are racing still being laid off so luckly we have been doing good at the track here's what we have done so far.

1st weekend
Friday night King Of The Hill WON and beat my brother in the final running a 12.157 on a 12.15 dial
Sunday ET Street points day Won

2 weeks later Ran Pinks All Out in Maple Grove on Friday and Saturday
Sunday ET Street points went RED 1st round

last wekend
Friday Kind Of The Hill lost in the semi's just had a bad light
Saturday ET Street points lost in the finals went red real bad .030 and then ran a 12.149 on a 12.15 all out.
But I did have some good lights 1st round had a .013 got bye and in the 3rd round had a .003 and in the semi's had a .030

I don't even have a line lock on the dam car, I like to keep it simple.

I run 2 springs on the carb one is very light and it lets me bring the rpms right to where I need them off the line, plus I tuned the carb so it has a nice feel off the line.

we are just having a lot of fun 1st time ever being in the points lead and holding it for 3 weeks now :)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Sounds fun

Sounds like you are having lots of fun. That's what racing's all about. Thanks for sharing it with us, Ken.

·
Registered
381 Posts
U da man Dan!!! Keep up the good work ;) Hopefully I'll get my car running before fall time and use the tips/advice that you shared with me.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts