460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather sucked saturday but the weekend turned out great. I won the 11 second catagory in the true street race on Saturday and went 3 rounds in the bracket race on Sunday to get a check there too! Wait for it.......... and I didn't break anything!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really. Lots of cars got loose in the elimination rounds. I was spinning some saturday on the bottle so sunday I went without it and didn't have to worry about spinning! :D

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Congrats James! What did your Mustang run off the bottle? I keep telling my Dad, that I want to run as fast as Mustang James, when all is said and done. I love your true street theme, right down to the Drag Radials. I'm so glad I was able to see your car at the Bash. 8)

Also, how's your brother's car doing? Did he get it all straightened out? That was one sweet T-Bird, and I would have loved to see that FE run. 8)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The car ran like a champ on the motor! I went 7.22 in the 1/8th mile at 96mph. I revved it to the moon (6700 RPM) and didn't shift into 3rd! In the bracket race it went 7.23, 7.27, 7.26 - I broke out by .06 in the 3rd round :oops:
Pat it will be hard to shift gears that fast! Did you get the linkage set up right? Next time out you have to take me for a ride in the Fairlane!
The T-bird is back together, I'll let you know what it does next time out. It will probably go to WFC10 in indy too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I saw ya run, man that is a nice car. I will be going to WFC10 also so maybe I will see ya there. With my non-big block car.

Damon knows what I am talking about.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Wow, that's great on the motor only. :shock: I hope to be somewhere around there too, once I get that Detroit Locker rebuilt. The 4-speed did shift alot smoother once I adjusted the clutch. At the bash, I couldn't even get it into gear, after about the 8th run. :lol: I rolled it up on the trailer, adjusted the rod, and it was great after that. I have the Hurst Competition plus shifter in there, so I'll always have that long throw. I didn't want to make the large hole in the floor for the short throw one. (I think it's the Super Shifter ?). I was only shifting at 6000.

I'll give you a ride at the next Bash. We'll just put a little air in the tires and head back out to Old Kentucky 81. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts