460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got another 2nd place at mud drags 2nite but did a stupid thing which might of and proably did cost me 1st. Ran perfect allnite except my last run, I started in 2nd gear should kick myself in ***. BUt it was the first time i sat on the bubble so i had no losses until i ran the winner of the losers bracket. OH well cthere will be more races.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Richard,

Congrats for sure!! Sounds like you were on to a first place showing. Hind sight is always 20/20. If you would have pulled it off you would have been brilliant!:D

Couple questions for you? What made you try 2nd at that point? Was the track slick? Also if you had no losses then you guys had to come back and race again? If so then you raced the same guy again using 1st gear? Just wondering how it played out the way it did.

No regrets, use this experience as a building block in your mud drag foundation!!!

Great job, if your racing for the win you know your doing things right!

Jeffro

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well Jeff the first run against the guy i did start out in 1st gear he beat me by about a foot. 2nd run I thoutht i had it in first but as soon as i left the line i knew i didnt. But it still was a pretty close race. The last couple of races it's come down to us 2, he very seldom gets beat. His son built my motor also he's running 472 and i'm 466 but he's got a little lower gear so I'm knocking on his door. Funny thing his name is Richard also, LOL. Him and his family and Glen have been very helpful and supportive of me couldn't ask for better people. But each time out i run a little better should be alot better when ever i get my gears changed out.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Richard,

If you have to get beat, it's always nice to get beat by friends. That always makes it a little less painful. I always like to think as long as we are close it's good for all involved if the wins are shared a little!

Get those gears changed!!!:D You will see a different truck and your opponents will see a different view of your truck. "THE TAILGATE!!":D

Jeffro

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Richard,

Thanks for asking. After racing 12 times this year and not doing well only in the last two, we were looking for an excuse to take some time off and regroup. So we really haven't done much for 30 days. We have been making too many fuel carb changes also. We stripped the front pinion nut off the 60 pinion last race. It happened the same pass that the 2nd yellow light burnt out on our pass on the tree. I was slow on the line, and broke. We were racing Dexter that we would have had a hard time beating anyway, even in a perfect environment(he's very fast). We have been kinda burnt out and had some difficult situations. So we have been laying low, licking our wounds, and getting our poop together for a late summer early fall hard charge for the GOLD!!:D

Jeffro

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Well Jeff the first run against the guy i did start out in 1st gear he beat me by about a foot. 2nd run I thoutht i had it in first but as soon as i left the line i knew i didnt. But it still was a pretty close race. The last couple of races it's come down to us 2, he very seldom gets beat. His son built my motor also he's running 472 and i'm 466 but he's got a little lower gear so I'm knocking on his door. Funny thing his name is Richard also, LOL. Him and his family and Glen have been very helpful and supportive of me couldn't ask for better people. But each time out i run a little better should be alot better when ever i get my gears changed out.
If Ronald built your engine, you will never beat Richard H. on a regular basis. Next time you talk to Ronald, tell him some one called him pus gut.:D

·
Registered
112 Posts
If Ronald built your engine, you will never beat Richard H. on a regular basis. Next time you talk to Ronald, tell him some one called him pus gut.:D
Look what the cat drug up thru the back door............Hey Richard this guy USED to race with Ronald and I.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Look what the cat drug up thru the back door............Hey Richard this guy USED to race with Ronald and I.

And how did you do Saturday night? I have not heard.

I work off Thursday and will be off fourteen days, stop by camp and say hi if your out that way.

P.S. Richard, ask them two who spanked thier butts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts