460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked it up a couple of weeks ago. I have a few thing I want to do to it before I put it back together. I'm also waiting on my Pistons to be made. I should have them anyday now. I'm waiting to start mine until we get my dads car done.

Here is my Fiberglass hood that i will be made in to a 4in cowl hood.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
BBF, Snowball Racing has some very nice rides. Are you planning on installing some braces from your shock towers to your firewall on the falcon? Rick

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I apoligize to the almighty and all knowing FORD gods. What block is that?

4 Bolt 428?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Coupe Devil said:
I apoligize to the almighty and all knowing FORD gods. What block is that?

4 Bolt 428?
Looks like a 427 crossbolted sideoiler(?) to me. I can see it is a Fairly Extinct motor and that is it. ;)

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Ive only heard of the Side bolted 427's Never seen one. Thats gonna be nice when its all together.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The heads have 70cc which will make the compression around 13.7:1 which is not what I want. I have Iron CJ Head. I want 14.5:1 so I either mill these heads or just put them on they way they are and later down the road sell them and get what they are worth and buy I nice set of BT or Dove alumium heads. The cam I'm running is a comp cam soild roller .740 lift 276in 284ex duration @.050

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
NICE!

I used to have a block that looked JUST like that one :shock:

What's been done to the C80E heads? I used to run a set of the DOVE CCJ heads and really like them. You can also get the DOVE heads in a 58CC closed chamber version like the old 352HP COAE heads. I had a set of them on a 428 with the TRW 'eye brow' pistons.

Nice looking build you got going! You gonna bring that to the BBF event in April?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got all I could get to support 760+hp. But with the 70cc heads the compression come to 13.7:1. I want 14.5:1. So I might just sacriface some now then save up my pennies for a set of BT or Dove aluminum heads. Either way is going to be fast. My old set up was a 390 .030 over and it went 11.40'S.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
WOW that is PRETTY!!! NICE :D 8) Good looking motor A buddy of mine is an FE nut big time I'll have to show him those pics. Keep up the good work

1 - 20 of 39 Posts