460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we all like Ford stuff I thought some of you guys might be interested in the progress of my "budget" '07 GT500. Budget as in the car and 80% of the mods were bought used.

I finally got my car to the track last Friday after the latest round of mods and had a good time!
The weather was cool enough for power but hot enough to keep the grip.
I have never and may never 60' that well again on the factory rubber! The crowd was very light so we got in quite a few runs and the track felt well prepped.
My best was 11.78 @ 122 with a 1.88 60'
Car setup is, 2007 GT500, JLT cold air intake, metco 2.6 upper blower pulley/tune, 3.73's/eaton, dynotech DS, EVO UCA/LCA, steeda shifter, steeda nonfanned heat exchanger, stock goodyears set at 28psi.
For a basic "stage II" car on street tires it felt pretty good!

I want to thank my good buddy Mike for dealing with all the bad luck that Friday the 13th could offer and letting me have a good night!

Sorry, no video, just the slip. (Rt lane)

This was coming directly after correcting a way lean mail order tune!!! If you are messing around with late model stuff and are getting PCM tunes off site without a wideband O2 to check them.....get the air/fuel ratio checked! My car was 13.5:1 A/F, it should have been 11.5/11.75 for a blown car! Good thing I hadn't thrashed it tooo much before checking it...
Video of the lean run.... My buddy Brad owns the dyno and about puked when he saw the A/F ratio... He never imagined it would be that lean and wasn't watching that close, otherwise he would have shut it off much earlier.

I thought it would be over 500rwhp, but using online trap speed calculators I get 588 flywheel HP. Factor in 15% driveline loss and that is right at 500 at the wheels.

Still fun no matter what!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
my friend has a new 1 and it made over 800 hp to the tires and u are faster than what he ran. i think he only did a 12.20 @ over 130 mph on stock tires but he had a 2.2 60 foot

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
A 500+ hp car that you can drive anywhere and get 20 mpg on the road. Now thats what i'm talkin bout.:):cool:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!! I've always wanted an "everything car". I want to drag race it, road race it and auto cross it. I'm not out for a class win, just go fast and better my skills.

I want to get into the 11.50's but I'll get booted from the track. I don't think I'm going to put a bar in it, so that will be the limit.

I'm only 20 miles from Watkins Glen so I also want to start hitting some track days.
I did try autocross! And I sucked.... Smooth throttle transitions....what the hell are those?!?!?
I was 6 seconds behind the fastest car, which I didn't think was too bad for my first autocross ever....

Here's a crap quality vid to check it out.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Congrats that's a very good pass on stock tires,would go easy low 11's or possibly a high 10 second pass with better tires.

Later Mark.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Thanks guys!! I've always wanted an "everything car". I want to drag race it, road race it and auto cross it. I'm not out for a class win, just go fast and better my skills.

I want to get into the 11.50's but I'll get booted from the track. I don't think I'm going to put a bar in it, so that will be the limit.

I'm only 20 miles from Watkins Glen so I also want to start hitting some track days.
I did try autocross! And I sucked.... Smooth throttle transitions....what the hell are those?!?!?
I was 6 seconds behind the fastest car, which I didn't think was too bad for my first autocross ever....

Here's a crap quality vid to check it out.

Dang, that looks like fun, but I think I would get lost. How do you know where to go??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts