460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a few days, we'll start taking it apart. We're installing a 600" Boss 429 with our new heads and parts. I will be asking for help along the way. I'll post pix of the progress. First question: does anyone make motor mount adapters to put a 460 in the 2005-2008 Mustang?
We could build something but I'd like to use as many available parts as I can. To be continued ..... Kaase

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
SWWWEET!!! Can't wait to see the progress...

Be C 8) 8) L,

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Jon, What type mount do you want? Solid( track only)or ones with a strong cushion. Rick

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Jon, as new as that model Mustang is there's probably not anyone making swap mounts yet. If I may suggest, call http://www.rcmotorsports.net and get one of their motor mount kits that they offer for their cross-member kits. They have different sizes available and I have use one when we put a BB in a '72 pickup my nephew use to have. It will eliminate some fabrication work and should be easily adaptable to any kind of car or truck. This photo is for a SB but they do have a BB kit.

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
That thing should put every other street car to sleep when you hit the loud pedal. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take and post lots of pictures. I think this project may fall into lots of guys 'dream car" project when they see what your doing.

As far as mounts, have you thought about modifying a set of Fox style swap mounts? I dont know how close they would be in the new chassis. Its Basically the same chassis design, just some stuff moved around.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here are some pictures before it's been violated. Thanks again to Lem and BF Evans Ford. ... Kaase
IMG]

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I started to look for a used Mustang I was surprised that the 05-07 cars were still worth so much. A good 05 with 50,000 miles was going for $18,000-19,000. For about 5000 more you can buy a new one. Also the financing on a new one has cheaper interest than a loan on a used one. Now there's 2500 cash back. So the way it worked out is it costs $470/month, and I put nothing down. Also we have a new engine to pinion flange combo to sell. Engine, clutch, bellhousing, trans, driveshaft, everything new to sell. ... Kaase

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Scratch that. I dont read so good.

Awesome project. Very Jealous wish I was doing the same thing.

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
Jon,
It'll be cool to do a car project using a new car, nice and clean etc. How are you going to keep your wife from wanting to take the new Mustang for a drive so that you can get started?

Engine bay is wide how's the tunnel look?

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
You get that thing done you otta take it to a dealership and have it looked at for a rearend noise or something..........

Hell bring it to the one I work at, I'll give it a proper road test, we have a 2 mile long 2 lane blacktop out in BFE between two alfalfa fields used for such purposes........ :lol:

The tranny tunnel might be an issue, they are pretty tight, the trannies in those are real small and they are one packed of a bitch in there.

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
JonKaase said:
When I started to look for a used Mustang I was surprised that the 05-07 cars were still worth so much. A good 05 with 50,000 miles was going for $18,000-19,000. For about 5000 more you can buy a new one. Also the financing on a new one has cheaper interest than a loan on a used one. Now there's 2500 cash back. So the way it worked out is it costs $470/month, and I put nothing down. Also we have a new engine to pinion flange combo to sell. Engine, clutch, bellhousing, trans, driveshaft, everything new to sell. ... Kaase
You have a PM.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Jon, I have a friend intersted in that drivetrain. Got an idea on what your going to want for it. He needs a drivetrain for his T-bucket.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts