460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a rant and maybe some help!

My Wifes suv just locked the *%$& up with 80,000 miles on it!!!...Not great, but not terrible mileage I think for a 2005 year model. (and no I'm not telling you what BRAND X IT IS)...still pissed off she sneaked around me to buy this p.o.s in the first place!!!:mad:......anyways, Its down for the count and is going to stay that way for now and maybe permanently I have a paid for ford pickup I recently tore the 5.0 out of to rebuild (one day) and found one of the heads was cracked. So now i'm searching for a good 302/5.0 that runs or at least a new shortblock being heads are easy to get.......other than that i'm just peachy.:D Hey fabion......build me a 302 on the cheap!!! hahaha!!!!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Just a rant and maybe some help!

My Wifes suv just locked the *%$& up with 80,000 miles on it!!!...Not great, but not terrible mileage I think for a 2005 year model. (and no I'm not telling you what BRAND X IT IS)...still pissed off she sneaked around me to buy this p.o.s in the first place!!!:mad:......anyways, Its down for the count and is going to stay that way for now and maybe permanently I have a paid for ford pickup I recently tore the 5.0 out of to rebuild (one day) and found one of the heads was cracked. So now i'm searching for a good 302/5.0 that runs or at least a new shortblock being heads are easy to get.......other than that i'm just peachy.:D Hey fabion......build me a 302 on the cheap!!! hahaha!!!!
That sucks Smasher. I have a carb 302/aod sitting under my bench you could have, but the shipping would be a bit pricey!!

Sounds like a Jimmy problem!! 80K isn't much it seems, shoulda went further than that.:(

Maybey Jon could build you just a low budget 500HP little block, you know, just a cheap one.....

Good luck

Bill

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I'da bet ford myself... :D lol

Unfortunately I've seen 'em all have problems before. Smasher, what's the car and engine? Might be cheaper to fix it than you think..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts