460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just sold some rockers to a forum member and he used Paypal to pay, which is fine, he sent the 3% extra but when I checked for the payment I noticed Paypal raised their fee from 3%-6%... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
90 Posts
that is absurd. I completely agree with you about them being greedy idiots! how and the heck could they not be content with making 3% of a sale by having to do absolutely NOTHING? Could you imagine if a "normal" bank charged for making normal transactions?

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
AND your money that comes in goes to the Paypal account automatically. They only transfer it to your bank after you request it. You can bet they're making interest on that money for the time period it floats with them.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I usually don't let it sit with them very long... I haven't transfered the funds yet but who knows, now they probably have a lock on it so you can't transfer it for a certain amount of time...

You guys will be the 2nd ones to know... :lol: :lol:

Doug... 8)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Most CC transactions cost the retailer about 3% - they are just passing on the 3% plus their 3%. Still big bucks. We were going to use PayPal to help us sell pictures - we'd have to jack the rates up too high, so we blew it off. We use the old fashioned method - I send a picture and an invoice, they send me a check. Easy.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
The only time I seem to take a big hit is when somebody uses their debit card or credit card to pay me on paypal . but I call it the price of bussiness, but with our Dollar (canadian) going up and down like a yoyo I can usually make out okay
Frank

·
Registered
108 Posts
Premier account charges you 2.9% when someone uses their credit card to pay you in the U.S. 3.9% out of the country such as Canada.

Daryl

D

·
0 Posts
Well if your unhappy with the fees stop using it and go back to the old fashion Check / Money order way !!! Seem pretty simple to me. :roll:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts