460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
tree

I tree'd all of you with a PM.

BUT the real question is why 10 dyno runs only ?? When I dyno'ed I did 18 pulls in 6 hours why the reason for selling after only 10 runs ?? I need a set of these rods but they have to be in good shape, I have be burned on Alum rods before. Why only 10runs ??

Mark

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
How do you know if they have 10 dyno runs or 200 1/4 mile runs by looking at them. Buy new from Competition Products for around 1100 dollars on page 43 of their catalog.

Bill Miller rods on the same page for around 1200 dollars.

HB
Since aluminum rods tend to stretch if abused or old, measuring them should tell you what kind of life expectancy they have left....that and an honest seller giving you their history.
Rob

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rods

for the guys that want to know why only ten dyno passes when the motor was assembled at pro line it was 560 ci and it did not fit the nmra rules for outlaw 10.5 the limit is 550ci for twin turbo bb.so when i purchased the motor it had 10 dyno pulls on it. then it went to dissoma race engines in nj. to be out fitted wwith a new crank rods and pistons,so when it came time to get the crank the specs of the new motor 4.125 stroke crank with chrysler rods and bbf mains thats why we did not reuse the rods,pistons because if we decided to use alchohol the motor would already be set up for it. so i hope that this will clear up any questions about rods.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
for the guys that want to know why only ten dyno passes when the motor was assembled at pro line it was 560 ci and it did not fit the nmra rules for outlaw 10.5 the limit is 550ci for twin turbo bb.so when i purchased the motor it had 10 dyno pulls on it. then it went to dissoma race engines in nj. to be out fitted wwith a new crank rods and pistons,so when it came time to get the crank the specs of the new motor 4.125 stroke crank with chrysler rods and bbf mains thats why we did not reuse the rods,pistons because if we decided to use alchohol the motor would already be set up for it. so i hope that this will clear up any questions about rods.
Well whats C to C ?...6.7 or 6.8 or ???

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rods

sold thanks to the people of 460.com for this forum to be able to market our products for everyone involved with the bbf industry.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts