460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me what the od of the o-ring groove is AFTER you modified it per Frank's specs? I need to modify a Superior servo the same way but don't know if I'm starting with the same o-ring groove o.d. as the Sonnax. So, if someone could let me know what size the o-ring groove was after modification, that'd be awesome.

Also, guys that have done the modification to theirs, does the piston slide in and out of the trans case with ease?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
the piston needs to slide inand out of the case with ease with the O 'rings installed , causes a big overheating problem if it don't
Frank

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
measure the bore in the case ,the bottom of the o'ring groove, subtract , measure o'ring thickness, you want .005" coppression on the oring
Frank

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
measure the bore in the case ,the bottom of the o'ring groove, subtract , measure o'ring thickness, you want .005" coppression on the oring
Frank
AWESOME!!!! Thanks. Hopefully I'll be able to do that tonight....

Do you have a stock Ford spring like you recommend with the Sonnax servo's? The Superior servo spring is really small and light compared to either Sonnax ones. Which should I use?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts