460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do not know the brand I bought them about 4-5 years ago from dss and was told they are the same as eagle, bought a motor already built so don't have any use for them any more, I would loved to have used them just went with a stroker

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
They are just a china-made rod. From what I understand, they are imported from China and sold under whatever name the selling company chooses to put on them. All the rods in the links below are going to be the same thing, as are the ones that DSS used to sell;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H-beam-750HP-Falcon-connecting-rods-6-605-429-460-Ford_W0QQitemZ190309102159QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2c4f4e724f#ht_2769wt_889

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BBF-BIG-BLOCK-BB-FORD-429-460-H-BEAM-RODS-6-605-TMD-/200513512149?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eaf8962d5

I bought the ones in the 2nd link, and my brother bought the ones in the first - they were the exact same thing; packaging, markings, everything. Even the relatively high amount of machine work it took to get them right :eek: But once they were machiened, I see no reason why they wouldn't hold up...

JUst FYI...

-Matt

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
they are standard ford 2.5 big end 1.040 small end don't know about weight. they have been sunnen honed so the machine work should be done, will measure them and weigh them in a little bit. Just got a chance to measure rods big end 2.652 small end 1.040 will get some scales tomorrow and weigh them. MAYBE SOME ONE WILL WANT MY CHINA JUNK????

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
they are standard ford 2.5 big end 1.040 small end don't know about weight. they have been sunnen honed so the machine work should be done, will measure them and weigh them in a little bit.
All I'm saying is I wouldn't trust any of the out-of-the-box specs on any of the china rods. Big end, little end, straightness, weight, etc. - they ALL need to be checked from my experience to make sure you don't end up with problems.

Having said all that, I'm of the opinion that they are not bad parts for the money :)

-Matt

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the scale i used said around 800 grams but it was not a very good one I am going to take them some where today to weigh them

1 - 15 of 15 Posts