460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Larry and Craig Gatewood upgraded cars over the last few weeks. The original car was 3300+ lbs and powered by one of Dales 598s. They did a direct swap into a lighter chassis and WOW, what a difference. Best we could manage was 5.11 @ 144 in the sled. First pass in the new car on 1 stage went 4.90 @ 127 lifting when it got out of shape. Here is a link to the video. Enjoy, BBF brothers !http://www.youtube.com/user/DatsonDavesDianna

Hope to be posting some more vids of mine and Dales new toy soon. We will be trying the small tire classes out here locally in Joe Alvarez old "Bamalam".Currently it has a set of C460s on it, but we will be swapping those out with a set of Profilers I picked up from my ol pal Jim Brown. We are shooting for the 4.50 zone in 1/8 mile.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yes sir, it has SCJ on it as stated in the title. Turned the 2nd kit on the other night and went 4.62 @ 155. Cant wait to see what it does when we get some gas on her.This thing still has a cast intake and single dom on it. Dale is currently building a new motor that will consist of new Diamond pistons for the new C460 head swap and a sheetmetal intake from our buddy Chuck Gillis and twin doms with 3 stages.

Here is a pic of the intake e built for my SBF. Chuck does some awesome work and is VERY reasonable if any of you guys are considering a sheetmetal.
VVVV - 440 ci SC1 Losito's and 2 kits - VVVV

1 - 5 of 5 Posts