Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BE SAFE!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Back at ya!!!

Say Boss, what track do you race at? My daughter lives near Gateway, and I try to get by there when I visit from California. Do you own a Boss car? If so 69 or a 70? I have a 70. Anyway, Happy Independence Day to you! Dale

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
got the whiskey loaded, headed to the inlaws, gotta pool party for tommorrow..........

Happy 4th and dont blow your hand off....if you do get some video lol.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Happy Independence Day everyone. I get to work the 4th.:)

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
enjoy your freedom while we still have some. We are having a duck and dove fry!!!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Happy Independence Day to my American friends!!

Have a good one, be safe.

Bill

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Say Boss, what track do you race at? My daughter lives near Gateway, and I try to get by there when I visit from California. Do you own a Boss car? If so 69 or a 70? I have a 70. Anyway, Happy Independence Day to you! Dale
---------------------

dale

no factory boss 429 car at this time,i have a j code 71 429 mach,and a 351 r code boss,and Bill Elliots 72 n code 429 torino,( i work on a lot of factory ,and svo boss stuff) switch to boss hemi for power in the early 80s for the race car,bought my first hemi from my good freind dwight o. who owns the orange krush pull truck,then we put it in a 86 mustang you might of seen.It was painted ford iris,it was the first car ever painted this color, it was in quite a few mags, we switch to the latter heads,and svo block about 5 years ago,sold it last year after 21 years, last engine was a 600 ci hemi , 8.70 161,no power ader, @ 3380lbs we raced this car at gateway a lot,
mempis,commerce ga, boiling green,cordova,byron, mid mich,milan, ohio, all over when we ran nmca,and nsca,sold it as a roller,

now im doing a new car,

98 mustang,boss power 632 ish ci

as of yesterday i might have the boss 351 sold to buy another boss 429,lol

-rich

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Going to head out to the national forest and run some rounds through the new PF-9.

Proud to be an American!

Happy 4th everyone.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Just loading up the hot rod with Steaks and Beer to party with my Ford and Mopar friends. "GOD BLESS AMERICA" still the best! Happy 4th!!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Happy 4th friends.

This was sent to me and I thought I would pass it on. Have a happy and safe 4th, Ken.

Have you ever wondered what happened to the 56 men who signed the Declaration of Independence? Five signers were captured by the British as traitors, and tortured before they died. Twelve had their homes ransacked and burned. Two lost their sons serving in the Revolutionary Army; another had two sons captured. Nine of the 56 fought and died from wounds or hardships of the Revolutionary War. They signed and they pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor. What kind of men were they? Twenty-four were lawyers and jurists. Eleven were merchants, nine were farmers and large plantation owners; men of means, well educated, but they signed the Declaration of Independence knowing full well that the penalty would be death if they were captured. Carter Braxton of Virginia, a wealthy planter and trader, saw his ships swept from the seas by the British Navy. He sold his home and properties to pay his debts, and died in rags. Thomas McKeam was so hounded by the British that he was forced to move his family almost constantly. He served in the Congress without pay, and his family was kept in hiding. His possessions were taken from him, and poverty was his reward. Vandals or soldiers looted the properties of Dillery, Hall, Clymer, Walton, Gwinnett, Heyward, Ruttledge, and Middleton. At the battle of Yorktown, Thomas Nelson, Jr., noted that the British General Cornwallis had taken over the Nelson home for his headquarters. He quietly urged General George Washington to open fire. The home was destroyed, and Nelson died bankrupt. Francis Lewis had his home and properties destroyed. The enemy jailed his wife, and she died within a few months. John Hart was driven from his wife's bedside as she was dying. Their 13 children fled for their lives. His fields and his gristmill were laid to waste. For more than a year he lived in forests and caves, returning home to find his wife dead and his children vanished. So, take a few minutes while enjoying your 4th of July holiday and silently thank these patriots. It's not much to ask for the price they paid.

Remember: freedom is never free!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts