460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nick gave me the idea, we have the "what do you do for a living thread", I thought I would compliment it with putting up some pics of what we do.

Here you have a 6.0 in for some headgaskets..................

Here is my helper pulling another cab for yet another 6.0 headgasket job....

Here is the mexican workin' on his own **** on company time lol......

Here is a tuneup gone cylinder head removal..........

A co worker who is due an *** whippin' took this one of me hard at work, this is where I run an OASIS from.........

·
Registered
456 Posts
I liked the picture of the Triton plugs. I no longer will do plugs on those rigs. I will find something else to work on and send those to a friends shop. Oh the joy of extracting plugs, worse than pulling wisdom teeth! Tres...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Some of my toys.

That's all I could find on the net. Most of the projects I work on are DPAS grade (Basically classified for civilians) so it's hard to talk about it too much. But lets put it this way, you will use SOMETHING from my company every day. Kinda scary though, great company all you looking for work should check out GD. They have been great to be with

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Not allowed to take pics at my plant. :roll: But the other night, they fubared a 20,000 horsepower steam driven turbine, and they are taking it apart. **** goes bad fast when you lose a 10 inch main bearing at 10,500 rpm. :evil: Hope we can find parts somewhere soon.

You can google "Kellogg Ammonia Plant" for some generic pics.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Wow, I bet that was a helluva show, I've been next to some pretty extreme mechanical catastrophes, but nothing like that, I hope nobody was injured! :shock:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Here is were the majority of my time is spent, just finished getting licensed. Each Nuke requires about 55MWs for it's own auxillaries, we have eight on site, 4 per station.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Well I don't think I will be posting any pics from work. I don't think the DOD or Navy would be very happy with it. Since my job falls under national security, they would frown on it.. :D Here is the current carrier that we are finishing up. It is the USS Carl Vinson.
[/URL][/img]

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We have a Rotunda tool, but when the plug on the far left comes out like that your screwed.

I dont work on gas stuff thank God, either way when they bring um in for a tune up they are forewarned up front, could cost anywhere from 200-2000 dollars.

·
Registered
862 Posts
:lol: :lol: Breakfast of Champions!!!! If I were taking cabs off of those things al;l the time, I'd have a CASE of whiskey in my TOOLBOX!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Keith

·
Registered
441 Posts
richter69 said:
We have a Rotunda tool, but when the plug on the far left comes out like that your screwed.

I dont work on gas stuff thank God, either way when they bring um in for a tune up they are forewarned up front, could cost anywhere from 200-2000 dollars.
been scared to do a tune up on my 5.4 because of this

1 - 20 of 58 Posts