460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, and west coast buddies( you know who you are), this years trip is aus, arrived yesterday after a 23 hour flight rest of the day was a blur! Today ok, after a good nights sleep, done the hop on tour, got 4 nights in Sydney darling harbour, then meet up with a bunch of others for a meet and greet dinner, pick up the bikes and off for 13 days touring. There are going to be folks from various parts of the world on the tour almost certainly from your side of the pond, will be different to be part of a group, normally just Josi and I, not having to map read constantly will be great, just kick back and enjoy the ride, will update on route, regards to all. Dave and Josi

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Harley trip

Damn, can't believe I didn't see this sooner. Sounds like a fun trip. Keep us posted on your progress and be safe. Bob & Donna

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re trip

Hi Bob/Donna, hope you are well, we are good, left sydney, yesterday in the hunter valley wine region, did a tour over indulged but it was my birthday, did 400 km today, some great roads, weather hot, now in Armidale pretty place, rest of group are Germans, Brits, and a couple from Fort Collins co, nice people, all in all a great trip so far, just sat outside the room having a cold beer, it's around 75 degrees, six o'clock at night, out for dinner shortly, will update later. Dave and josi

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Happy Birthday...

Happy Birthday, Dave...and may there be many more. Oh, and least I forget, Happy St. Patty's day too. Have a green beer or two for me too....Cheers! Bob & Donna

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re trip

Thanks bob, update, rode all day yesterday in 100 degrees, little warm, now in Byron bay which is a hippie/ surf place, best watch what cakes we eat! Today is humid and cloudy, staying over here tonight, just waiting for the call from the skydive centre, booked in for a 14000 ft skydive but they are assessing the weather right now, hopefully be a goer at noon. Dave

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Sky diving??

I cannot, for the life of me understand why anyone would jump out of a perfectly good running airplane....:) Have you met any forum members from down under? I know there are a few that post here.

·
Super Moderator
4,936 Posts
I cannot, for the life of me understand why anyone would jump out of a perfectly good running airplane....:) Have you met any forum members from down under? I know there are a few that post here.
X2. If the wings are still attached.....I'd wait.

You sure take some sweet vacations. I was following the thread last year. Very nice. Have fun and be careful on those two wheels!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re trip

Hi guys, got the call at 1430 to make for the airstrip, weather had been really cloudy, Sean the guy from Denver was a bit unsure but I said you do it I will pay for it, he is not keen on heights, anyway got him up there and he is buzzing now! 14000 ft, 60 second free fall, hell of a way to see the Bay Area, cold beer now and out for dinner, Italian tonight, all in all a great day! Dave and josi

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ya should be in New Zealand mate - really big Harley get-together at Queenstown this weekend.

And I mean REALLY big turn out of Harleys.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re trip

Cyclone further north has screwed with the weather! Left towoomba in thick fog and rain, showers throughout the day, arrived in rainbow beach in a thunderstorm soaked! Still 29 degrees so rain is warm! Fraser Island 4wd tour tomorrow, then off to the barrier reef, having a blast. Dave

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re trip

Fraser Island 4wd tour was great, buses are powered by twin turbo diesels German engineering so good kit, took a plane ride over the island great views, weather back to 90 degrees, now in Hervey bay, early start this morning, flew to lady Elliot Island and spent the day snorkelling, and glass bottom boating on the Great Barrier Reef, awesome sights, it's off to Noosa bay tomorrow via back roads 380 km, nearly finished now but still going great. Dave and josi

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Sounds like you guys are having a fantastic time. Are you still riding with the same group as when you started or did some go their separate ways? I bet driving on the wrong side of the road is just like being at home huh? :)...J/K

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re trip

Hi Bob, no it's the same group, now in Noosa, long day today in 95 degree heat, good ride though, nearly time for a cold one and dinner, group is mainly ok, the worst ones are Brits! Last day tomorrow, short ride down to Brisbane, going to the Steve Irvin zoo then the hotel, farewell dinner tomorrow, some are going on to other parts of Aus, back to Germany, UK, or elsewhere, it's been a good trip thus far and much better than working! Back to the grindstone next week! Dave and Josi

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re trip

Well after a long journey home, now back in UK, wet and cold!! Still it was a great trip, made some new friends, saw some great sights and confirmed Aus is a hell of a place, last day from Noosa called in at the Australia zoo, great place to interact with the animals, farewell dinner and the the long slog home, reference the skydive I did, there was an accident a couple of days ago at the same place! One died one serious, so if you thought it was crazy to do it, you may just have been right!! Have to start planning the next trip now. Dave

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Down under trip

Glad you two made it home safe & sound...Hope you didn't have any burning desire to jump out of that plane that brought you home, 35,000' is a long drop, cold too...LOL. Scary thing about the sky-diving accident a couple of days after your jump. Whats being planned for next trip?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re trip

Hi bob, we are probably looking at 2016 for the next trip, going to be doing a week in Spain in july august with the lad his wife and our beautiful grandaughter, the couple we hooked up with on the trip Sean and patty from Colorado want us to do sturgis with them, it can't happen this year but maybe 2016, we would like to be able to start off in sf so we could see you guys and then head off to Denver, so looking at that just now. Things could potentially change big time as my son and is wife are looking to emigrate to aus, she is a French/German teacher, they have said they will only go if we join them! It's a no brainier so we may end up relocating! That's all in the mix just now so will see how it pans out, take care love to Donna will update as we find out. Dave and josi

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Re trip

We flew from Brisbane to sydney(1-1/2 hrs) Sydney to shanghai(9 hrs) shanghai to heathrow(14 hrs) Dave

1 - 20 of 23 Posts