460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Jack Mathews: Would like to have information on cleaning up a
set of D2VE-AA heads. Would like to have nice aluminum heads, but not in the budget right now. I do have these D2VE-AA non EGR heads and would like to make the exhaust ports flow better than the restricted stock design. How much metal can be removed from the large lump in the bottom of the exhaust runner? It appears there is a lot of metal cast into these heads but don't want to destroy them by going too far. Thanks for any information you have to offer.

·
0 Posts
Jack Mathews said:
Hello from Jack Mathews: Would like to have information on cleaning up a
set of D2VE-AA heads. Would like to have nice aluminum heads, but not in the budget right now. I do have these D2VE-AA non EGR heads and would like to make the exhaust ports flow better than the restricted stock design. How much metal can be removed from the large lump in the bottom of the exhaust runner? It appears there is a lot of metal cast into these heads but don't want to destroy them by going too far. Thanks for any information you have to offer.
i am n ot a expert, i did mine at home , but they can be made a lot bigger

here is one ported and a stock port next to it and some bowl work,and a intake port

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey 1967 falconman: Thanks for the reply and great pictures of your head
work. It appears a lot of metal can be removed from the entire exhaust port. Did you remove the valve guide that protudes into the exhaust port?
Wasn't sure how much of the guide could be cut away and still maintain valve stability. Working these heads should be a good project with good results in exhaust flow. Thanks again for the pictures & information. Jack :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you're even THINKING of porting iron factory heads, you need to

subscribe to the mad porters web-site. I believe it's

reincarnation-automotive.com. It'll be the best $20 (If I recall) you ever

spent. Plenty of info, pics, and step by step instructions to get the most out

of them with the least work. Kevin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts