460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a set of heads that I got years ago, from a guy whose racer dad had passed away. He claims that the heads are the Dooe-R, but, the numbers are ground off. He said he had to do that because of the class his dad ran in (??).

So, my question is, how do I confirm or deny that these are the DOOE-R heads. I assume valve size, but I don't know the specs. I have a forged 460 short block being done right now, and I am thinking that this set of heads-- if true SCJ-- would be awesome. If not, I have a fresh set of D3s that are ready to drop on when the short block is finished.

That short block will be available when it is done, btw.

I am in Ardmore, Ok

·
Registered
301 Posts
Adjustable valve train, Screw in studs, guide plates, 2.25 intakes 1.76 exhaust valve sizes, all of which can be put into any head. Check the end top valve cover bolts if the heads are unported the hole will extend into the intake port from the factory on CJ.SCJ heads

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, thanks! Great info! I know that the heads have screw in studs and plates, gotta check on the rest of those issues.

·
Registered
285 Posts
The valve cover bolt holes will only be a valid indication if they are as cast unported though,if the intake ports have been ported or even polished its difficult to prove one way or the other.I can't imagine a rule book that would allow you to skirt around it by grinding off the casting numbers though,if that were the case most factory high performance heads would be devoid of casting numbers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts