460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
There is a pad on the side that is usaully a certain depth to began with. I read this on Scott's site Reincarnation-automotive .com . Go there for the measurement or maybe Scott or somebody will help,,, good luck.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Not sure how to do it but just by cc' ing heads wont tell that much because of variances in castings.
True, but I assume he is not wanting to know "just to know" but because he is trying to figure out compression or something along those lines. However, I don't know why he is wanting to know so...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Theres a half moon pad on the deck of the head towards the ex. side that measures about .110" roughly when the heads are uncut. Just lay a known straight edge across the surface and measure with feeler gauges. Are you having trouble fitting the intake?

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
If I remember correctly the D0VE heads had a stock CC of something like 72CC's....??? CC the chamber and it figures out to something like 2 CC's per .005" or .010" cut off, it's been so long I can't remember....sorry. But that's how you figure it.
Rob

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a set of heads I bought last year that are milled a bunch I came up with about .125 thousands and a .100 thousands on the other comparing to the heads that I have that are not milled. I already used the half moon method but didn't no if this was wright. So what would the cc be of the chamber?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts