460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some pricing help.
What is the going rate for a set of cast iron DOOE-R SCJ heads? They've got all of the factory valves, dual springs, retainers, keepers, rockers, studs, and guideplates. Never been ported. They've been disassembled, cleaned and magnafluxed. 2 int and 3 ext seats need to be replaced. Feel free to ask about anything I've missed that would change the price.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Virgin cores run about $600.00. The heads you describe would be ready to run, and worth maybe $800-$1000? The newer parts are offset by the damage, so probably back in the $600.00 range.

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Given the overwhelming need for these castings in the class racing set and the short supply,
even with 3 seats needing replacement, I feel that $800.00 to $850.00 is going to be the bottom dollar.

We frequently buy, sell and port these for clients and their potential in class racing justifies the price especially as scarcity continues to be an issue...

Just my hmo...

S

·
Premium Member
8,666 Posts
Does no one make an iron CJ replacement, or do they have to run actual factory iron?
It depends on the class rules. Many stipulate factory iron while some just stipulate iron heads giving the cheby boys a great advantage in choice.

BT made some iron replacement cj heads but they suffered porosity issues and are very hard to find. No other options for iron cj replacements.

Properly worked iron factory CJ heads will support 850 plus hp at race compression ratios with a solid roller. We do it pretty routinely...

S

1 - 7 of 7 Posts