460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Joe,

Very nice! :D Did you say it was fun to fab your own headers?? :lol:

Let's see, 11.2" deck height, alum. block, 665 CID or bigger,,,,,,,, :shock:,,,,,,,I'd say we're in trouble :( in regards to that fastest Mustang match race, aren't we?

Later,

·
Registered
360 Posts
Very nice job Joe, fabricating headers can be challenging even when you have the clearence :!: What size primaries and collectors are you using?

T

·
0 Posts
Joe, very nice job.. Glad it's you & not me snaking all those tubes around. It would have drove me to drinking. :lol: That is going to be one bad pony. :D

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
thank god for that aje kmember lol!
are the collectors tacked to the k member or ar you goin to leave the attached for support?
also are those roundtrack type controle arms with that adj. link?
john

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hey Joe,
How are the headers coming along ? they look awesome and if you dont mind me asking what primary tube lengths are you getting.

Theo

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I must have missed this post the first time around. Great job Joe 8) Going through the "A" arms is a great idea, I'll have to remember that the next time around. Wasn't that fun Joe? Actually I like doing the mockup part, kind of like doing a big puzzle. What I hate is the sitting at the table and welding part. :cry:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Looks great Joe. Snaking the tubes through the K-member is a good way to go! One of my tubes is like that also.

·
Registered
208 Posts
whats your welding setup? I will probably be building a set also and was going to gas weld them but was unsure about the look of the welds. judging from the size of discoloration and the small welds, it looks like you gas welded them. they look great. my tig $$$ is going to buy heads instead.... :roll:

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Great work!

I would love to be able to fabricate that good. Then I could finish my 87 Turbo Coupe 460 single/front mount turbo installation.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts