460 Ford Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it looks like i'll have to fab headers for my pickup. 66 f100 swb crown vic front suspension. home made mounts etc. 521 11.99 to 1 afr 295 heads cam research roller 620 lift 3.80 strange DL rear. truck is lowered 3 to 4 inches in front and 2 1/2 inches in rear. i bought L&L 2wd headers but they have only 3 inches of ground clearance. i have 73 PI 460 cast iron exhaust manifolds on it now. i also have a pair of pickup 460 headers that fit nicely and are the same depth as the bottom of the aluminum cradle. these fit well , clear everything and will work beautifully but the do not have the cobra jet exhaust port and will not seal properly. i am looking for a flange with the cobra jet exhaust port or thereabouts. the AFR 295 i have are the stock location exhaust and have a port dimension of 1.850 height by 1.500 width. i am looking to by some correct flanges and graft them on the other headers . thanks.

jim oberg

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Measure you’re exhaust port and look on the Herman site, they have quite a few sizes. I only mention Hedman because I have a set for my AFR315 heads. Don’t worry if it says CJ port or not, measure and find an applicable size.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts