460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If all goes to plan, I will be on the Dyno on Tuesday to see what this beast will do and then install & off to the races next weekend. I do have a horsepower goal and sure hope to meet it.

557"
14-1
Iron SCJ's (389cfm)
1250 Quickfuel
Roller Cam

Later Mark

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
WOW Mark, that is my dream motor for sure !!I bet it's going to put out some big numbers!!

I like the PUMP, Caps, and Rods for sure. Exhaust looks well worked!!! Is that a D0VE block that you've had 4 bolt drilled?

I can't wait and if I can't wait, I sure know you have to be on pins & needles!!:D

Just saw your post Dexter so I added to mine since it just came in after you.

I'm guessing 800 HP and 695 ft lbs.

Jeffro

PS nice attention to detail on the oil filter porting !

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
dyno

My goal is 800+ HP & 700+ TQ

The heads flow 389+ @ .800 on intake (Scotty J Max port job)
Cam is a Scotty J custom grind for my application
276/286 @ .050 & .752"/.771" on a 113

Broke my buddys spring compressor, ti retainer richocheted and took out a chunk of my ear LOL when degreeing cam and checking P-V
Don't know why the compressor broke 340lbs on seat, 855lbs open LOL.

Yes Jeffro it is a DOVE block that Frank Merkle installed Milodon 4 bolt caps on.
Cemented to the waterpump holes and honed with a torque plate.
I have sent enough other BBF's to my machinist he bought a torque plate to use on mine and future builds. It has good tight quench. Low tension race rings, gas ported pistons. 2 1/4" into 4" uprights.
Intake is a little better than my ported Victor 4500 by 10-15hp.

Later Mark

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
The cam seems a bit wide on LSA for me, but a very similar profile to mine. With the right tune, I think you should have no problem seeing those numbers. Good luck and if you get some videos of it being run through the wringer we'd love to hear it!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
The specs I have herd so far sounds really close to my 557. I have never had it on a dyno I will be interested to see you numbers! Good Luck and nice build!

Derrick

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hot off the press

I am going to post a full report in build section later.

1st a warm up pull after break in

712hp @ 5600rpm

2nd pull

779hp @ 6200rpm

3rd pull

813hp @ 6800rpm

Here we hit my goal but it was only 12 noon so....

After 11 more pulls changing timing, fuel types and carb jets and spacers
the best number we pulled was.......................................................

845hp @ 6900 and 712 Tq

Average TQ was 681 from 4000-7000 very broad.

I exceeded my goals and am very happy with the results to say the least.

I am hitting the hay as I just got off nite shift on monday morning then up at 5:00 am this morn to hit the dyno, now its its almost 2:00 tommorro again LOL. Did I sleep somewhere in there ?

Over & out for now Mark.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
WOW Mark, you have to be tickled with those numbers !! Awesome!!!!
That sounds like the figures you should be getting with an after Market block and aluminum heads, you did a great job. I know your tired but if I was you, I'd be so happy I don't know if I would still be able to sleep or not!!

I just have to say it again!

WOW !!!!:eek:

Jeffro

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
holy shat batman!!!i get surprised by my litte cammed 460 sometimes, i just cant imagine bein in your drivers seat for 1 run, hell even the passenger seat!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts