460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Re: Heavy Heads

Bsherry said:
Lem,

Come on! Eat some spinach and pick that thing up!

Bruce
:lol:
Bruce,

I don't eat spinach, but I did eat my Wheaties :!: :lol: Picking those things up, porting them, washing them & etc. is no problem, but it does become a pain in the butt when you are setting them on the flow bench. Reason why is because the slider plate fixture is up high, and I have to extend my arms to set the heads over the dowel pins that locate it. They're EX514 cast iron heads for truck pulling, probally around 112 lbs. when assembled with springs, valves & etc. We had one of them on display at the Winter Tech Seminar. :wink:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Those heavy heads are in the right place for them truck pullers that have to run cast iron heads.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Come on now guys, 112 lbs is nothing...Try putting on and taking off a torrent all day. The neighbors don't like it when I come down the street with my 15 ft guns on. So I just pull the whole torrent off when I go cruising Woodward

Ok, I was just trying to top Jon with all that tornado chasing man stuff he does when the rest of us are in the basement hiding!!! :D

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
Funny you say that D, I just got back home, made a 100 mile jaunt to Texas to watch a wall cloud not produce a tornado, figured it would as I had no cameras............. :lol:

I need to go hang out at Randy's as he seems to grow them in his backyard.

·
8,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After giving careful consideration to the above post....it would seem that Jon or Charlie are the two strongest humans on the planet...good thing both are going to be at the 'bash'...we will see :)
Sorry Jon , I think Charlie can out eat you .

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
that would be a wall cloud (lowering with rotation) at the bottom of the Meso. The tiny "scud" at the bottom is a failed attemt at a funnel.

There is a small bit of "scud" at the left, thats an inflow feeder. This is not the best pic, he adjusted the contrast a tad for visability.

We had poor moisture return for what was an "armegedon" set up, if dewpoints were in the upper 60's and lower 70's like they were last Thursday I would not be here typing right now lol..........

Back to your regularly schedueld threadhjacking............

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
richter69 said:
that would be a wall cloud (lowering with rotation) at the bottom of the Meso. The tiny "scud" at the bottom is a failed attemt at a funnel.

There is a small bit of "scud" at the left, thats an inflow feeder. This is not the best pic, he adjusted the contrast a tad for visability.

We had poor moisture return for what was an "armegedon" set up, if dewpoints were in the upper 60's and lower 70's like they were last Thursday I would not be here typing right now lol..........

Back to your regularly schedueld threadhjacking............
I just have one word for you Jon...

bigbadazzmotherhumpinazzkickinshittalkinstormchasintexastoasteatinfool!

·
Registered
6,392 Posts
You should come down and we'll go drive a thousand miles to go look at some clouds.................

I need a new camera, wonder if pro comp makes one?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts