460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night Lake Winnebago P.D. (Missouri) stopped a car and the driver tried to run him over which resulted in a pursuit. I ended up as the lead car and chased the guy until he crashed out. He fled from his vehicle to a treeline and then opened up on us after the Winnebago Officer left the cover of his vehicle, fired about 5-6 shots the first time and then fired a second barrage which went zipping right over my head after I pushed the Winnebago Officer down to the ground. Never got to return fire because I couldn't see his muzzle flash and didn't want to shoot blindly into the treeline. He was taken into custody by the Lees Summit Missouri Tac Team this morning and aggravated assault charges are pending. Seems like I'm a magnet for this crap! Chris

R

·
0 Posts
there's a dude on the storm chaser forum that nobody wants to be around, has a tendancy to attract extremely close lightning strikes :shock: This has happened many times and its always caught on vid. Well, glad you got out of the way of dem bullits.......

·
Registered
235 Posts
Cops never get the respect they're due.

THat took a lot of self control. I would have hunted the guy down and executed him myself. I guess that's why I'm not a cop. You deserve a king size atta boy for saving your buddy and not returning fire when there's a chance that an innocent bystander could be injured.

Guys that shoot at cops should be put in jail and left to rot. If they kill a cop they should get a 5 minute trial and executed 5 minutes after that.

Criminals don't fear our justice system anymore and that leads to increased lawlessness. We need to put judges on the bench that will see these scum bags for what they are. Our justice system started going to Hell when the libs changed the aim of our prison system from punishment to rehabilitation. That was a critical error.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Glad to hear your OK. It takes alot of self control and selflessness to get your buddy out of harms way. Keep up the good work and be safe out there.

Keith

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Glad your okay Chris. I understand where you're coming from. My ex-wife is a cop and she has gotten down and dirty with the worst of them. She can handle herself real good, but I always worried about her and still do. I can say one thing for sure about her, whatever she's shooting at, she hits. Damn if I would want her shooting at me :lol: . Some of those fools out there wouldn't think twice about shooting a officer.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's the news report that went out today. Chris

LEE'S SUMMIT, Mo. -- A man is in custody after several shots were fired at police officers Sunday morning, authorities said.

Jay J. Truelove, 37, was arrested in a wooded area along Highway 291 near Hook Road.

Investigators said a Lake Winnebago officer tried to pull over a pickup truck on a traffic violation at about 3 a.m. The officer said the driver tried to ram the officer's patrol car. The officer pursued the pickup.

Police said the driver bailed out of the pickup and opened fire on officers with a rifle.

As many as 12 shots were fired at the Lake Winnebago officer and a Cass County deputy, authorities said.

"The officer's initial response was, 'I only had to hear one shot and I dove for cover.' Then he's starting to hear the rapid succession, where he's counting eight, nine, 10 shots that just continued to come," Officer Mike Childs said.

Truelove was later found in the woods after he had fallen into a creek, police said. He was suffering from hypothermia.

Truelove was charged Monday with armed criminal action, resisting arrest and two counts of assault on a law enforcement officer. Prosecutors requested a $250,000 bond.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Let's all hope he can't post bond! What an idiot. Lock him up and throw away the key!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
respectively submit, are you bragging or complaining? lol. isn't this why you do your job? so here ya go> ATTABOY,I AM PROUD OF YOU! where else can you have that much fun? bobn

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just figued I'd post the message for the entertainment factor lol. This is the 3rd shooting I've been involved in since I started in 1995 so this one was not as big of a deal. Oh, no I wasn't looking for a bunch of "good job" kind of comments either but thanks anyway. Chris

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have the audio from Dispatch of the pursuit and then the radio traffic of when it hit the fan, not sure how to post it though. Chris

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
It's kinda disheartening to me to see people writing stuff such as to lock the guy up forever or execute him. Maybe when it gets to this, people shooting at other people in an attempt to get away, that sort of action is needed, but from what I've seen, it's when younger kids are "taught a lesson" by local law enforcement for BS childishness that they lose all respect for the law and it sets them well on the path of more serious infractions. There's good civilians and bad ones, just as there's good cops and bad cops. My dad was in law enforcement for 31 years and even he dislikes most cops. Luckily, it was only two weeks a year that he had to spend with most of them. They'd consider their job as them vs. the public, not them at the service of the public. Like I said, not all are bad, but it seems many are. Just last summer I was riding in my friend's camaro (was mine until I sold it to him). He gave it some gas from an intersection but didn't spin the tires or go more than 5mph over the speed limit (35mph zone). After he'd turned onto a side street toward the high school, where we were going to a high school play, we were pulled over by two cop cars and they threatened us with lots of crap about how we were drag racing and my friend's license would be suspended. My friend stayed cool and just said that he was certainly not racing anyone. Then the cop gets louder, almost yelling, about how it's still "exhibition of speed" and that's license suspension for a year. Meanwhile, I had a cop on my side of the car ask me for my license and tried to force me to say we were either hot-rodding or racing. We didn't get any fines because they obviously didn't see anything. They just heard the car exhaust and felt like being asses, I guess. I feel sorry for the kids they guilt into confessing stuff they didn't do and then the kids resent all authority after that because they've been wronged. Well, I'm ranting now. :lol: Anyway, it's good that no one in this shooting deal was seriously hurt.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Scott Jackson, sorry you've had bad experiences with the police. FYI, this guy has 2 felony convictions, had 7 active warrants one which was for 2nd degree burglary, was on probation with a 7 year sentence pending for burglary and auto theft. Seems like the kind of guy you'd want running around your neighborhood doesn't it. There are guys like this everywhere and we usually don't know who they are until it hits the fan like it did. Chris

·
Registered
403 Posts
Chris,

Amen...it would be a Liberal bitching that you were not doing your job if the same suspect kidnapped one of their children. :shock: :roll:

Rick S.

·
0 Posts
1 shot or a dozen i call that attemted murder. should ask the judge why this *** was on the street in the first place. no cells, well hard labor, they can use them to build new prisons

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'm sure many of us have had experiences similar to Scott's.

I would say '640s membership in this forum is evidence of reasonable personalities in law enforcement and this thread confirms it.

Cudos for the action under fire - better you than me (or most of the rest of us, I suppose) - I guess that's the whole point!

Do you ever wish those Crown Vics had more beans?

·
Registered
728 Posts
i dont hate cops by any means but scott i totally see your point, ive been locked up 4 times for b.s. charges myself and i have lost most respect for law enforcement, i mean when you are sent to jail because you have a hunting knife in a sheath on the floor of your farm truck that the officer finds on a routine search for a traffic violation... you begin to lose respect. when i was 19 on a trip into Austin thats exactly what happened to me, i have a UCW on my record to show for it. not that im going to go shooting at people, thats just plain stupid but nowadays theyre not steering kids in the right direction.... they dont just cuff kids and scare the crap out of them anymore its zero tolerance for even the most minor infractions.

p.s. not at all defending the perp just bringing light a different point of view.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts