460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys hoping I can get some help with all the great knowledge out there.
I'm building a budget 460 ranger conversation the motor and transmission are out of a 1999 winibago very low miles on it. I want to change it to mass air as I'm going to turbo charge it.The issue I have is I bought a mass air system out of a 1999 mustang with the 4.6 in it thinking it was a 5lt mass air system when I checked the computer numbers it is a 4.6 computer and mass air it is the same firing order as the 5lt system but the 4.6 does not use a distributor can I still make this work as I'm stuck with it now any help or input would be great...thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Converting the 4.6l EFI (EEC-V?) to a boosted 460 will take a lot of time and effort. You would need bigger MAF, TB, injectors, custom tune and so on.
I suggest a stand alone EFI system designed for boosted application. There are many to choose from. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I'm finding out it's just the stand alone systems are expensive units...I think I'm going to change it to carb and blow through turbo seems to be the easiest way...Thanks for the reply

·
Premium Member
8,672 Posts
Use an adapter to place a carb on the EFI intake and then use a self learning TB system like Holley or Fitech with the blow through.
We designed this HP adapter working with Mary at PMS.

SJ
used 2b RHP

:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts