460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got through test fitting my engine in my 67 falcon today and found my motorsports valve covers hit my master cylinder, is there a different master that I can use or what are my options, I considered changing valve cover but I am not aware of any others that are shorter that clear my stud girdles. Thanks for the help this board is the best thing that ever happend to the BBF!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
sixtynineford said:
I just got through test fitting my engine in my 67 falcon today and found my motorsports valve covers hit my master cylinder, is there a different master that I can use or what are my options, I considered changing valve cover but I am not aware of any others that are shorter that clear my stud girdles. Thanks for the help this board is the best thing that ever happend to the BBF!!
Try this: http://www.472ci-67mustang.com/
Brian used a Windstar master cyl swap.

S

·
0 Posts
sixtynineford said:
You didn't mention if it has a booster? If it does .. some of the Fox body guys slot the holes in the firewall and move it over a lil..

I've also seen a picture where the VC was notched and rewelded..

Best of Luck!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
These Blue Thunder valve-covers provide more clearance for brake boosters than the FMS covers. They are supposed to clear gurdels.

There are a couple members here that are BT dealers. Survival Motorsports and Randy Malik are 2 that come to mind.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anybody have any measurements for the bt valve covers I would like to do a little measuring before I just jump out and buy a set but they do appear like they would work, and how do I get in contact with someone who has these valve covers?? Thanks Richie

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
sixtynineford said:
... and how do I get in contact with someone who has these valve covers?? Thanks Richie
Member rmcomprandy (Randy Malik) is a dealer I beleive. Also another member who owns Survival Motorsports is a dealer ( I got the picture from his site). http://survivalmotorsports.com . Both members have been past Engine Masters competitors, and provide much useful information for this site.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Valvecover clearance

The Billet Fabrications valve covers are similar in style to the Blue Thunder's shown above and worked for me clearing the mater cylinder and booster on a mustang on both old style SVO Cobra Jet heads and A460's with the taller rail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts