460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 50,000ish mile 460/C6 combo that was taken out of a very nice 1976 Country Squire wagon. The car suffered a rear end collision and was totalled. The engine/tranny combo was removed buy cutting the chassis and is totally intact from water pump to tranny output yolk, from air cleaner to oil pan. EVERYTHING is still there except for the magnetic pickup in the distributor and the duraspark control box. A friend's son wants to install a 460/C6 combo in his 1977 truck and I want to sell this to him for a reasonable, fair price so he can earn the motor/tranny rather than have it given to him. The motor has been sitting for a while but it was fogged when first stored and has been refogged a couple times since along with being turned over a few times. The combo has been sitting inside a climate controlled garage since I purchased it after being removed from the wagon.
What do you say is the value of this combo?
Thanks in advance and have a great day.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
In my neck of the woods, a 429/460 core with a C6 is $350.00.

:cool:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In my neck of the woods, a 429/460 core with a C6 is $350.00.

:cool:
Thanks for the reply. With this being fully equipped and having been in a well running condition when removed I was thinking in the $400-450 range Your $350 for a core makes me think my value is pretty fair and reasonable.
Thanks again and have a great day.

·
Registered
191 Posts
guess you didnt like the answers you got on the FE forum.....

well for that truck he will need the correct pan....a timing chain set and the correct frame and motor mount set to do It right. He ll have 1200 to 1500 in It with your deal. Plus buying a,dist..Box and harness...throttle cable and bracket.

·
Premium Member
8,633 Posts
Thanks for the reply. With this being fully equipped and having been in a well running condition when removed I was thinking in the $400-450 range Your $350 for a core makes me think my value is pretty fair and reasonable.
Thanks again and have a great day.
In this area of the country your price for a running combo as described is MORE than fair while still helping to instill the values you wish to impart.

Very cool thing you are doing. You could certainly get more for it IMO...

:D

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
the correct parts

I'm going through it as we speek, I had to get the correct pan, motor mounts, frame hangers and brackets and pullies (I don't have them yet) I would trade my serptine system for the old V-Belt system, I have it all except for the a/c

1 - 7 of 7 Posts