460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for aluminum cylinder head recommendations for my 460. The current setup is a KB flat top bottom end with the pistons 0.005” in the hole with 1972 PI cylinder heads.
Mad Porter solid lift cam 237/247 600 lift
RPM intake
Holley 3310
Headers/glasspacks
The PI heads are stock except for double springs, Teflon seals, and Milodon studs to make them adjustable.
stock rockers, stock valve covers, and 5/16 stock length hardened pushrods, stock guide plates
My concern is the stock 2 piece valves with the higher spring pressure. I’ve talked to Scott about reworking the PI heads but I’m also considering buying aluminum and selling the PI heads. This brings me to my question. What are the best aluminum heads I can buy and still use the same current bottom end? Stock rockers? Stock alum finned valve covers? Rpm intake? And even possibly the same pushrods?
93 octane pump gas
No racing, just looking for a reliable set of heads preferably already assembled. I live 45min from summit racing in GA so it would be nice to drive over there and pick up the heads. Which ones do you recommend?
The 460 is in a 77 F150 4wd. Just a fun beat around play truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Who did the work on your heads? If you decide to sell, I might be interested. Putting together a list for an old workhorse of mine. Just want to tough it up a bit. What kind of power to you think you're making with your current setup?
I've seen the kasse SR-71 heads. Look good to me but, what do I know? :rolleyes: I'm not pulling down houses or tearing up the streets.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Edelbrocks or Trick flow 290's would be a good choice. Would have to work out your compression ratio with the Trick flows. Edelbrocks come in either 75 or 95 cc's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Who did the work on your heads? If you decide to sell, I might be interested. Putting together a list for an old workhorse of mine. Just want to tough it up a bit. What kind of power to you think you're making with your current setup?
I've seen the kasse SR-71 heads. Look good to me but, what do I know? :rolleyes: I'm not pulling down houses or tearing up the streets.
They are stock except for a valve job years ago and studs to make the valve train adjustable. I’m still trying to decide wether to get them upgraded or just buy a set of aluminum.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I'm very happy with my 95cc Edelbrock heads, have had them for years on a street driven truck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts