460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have work for 4 days now on getting this new engine to fire and it is really starting to p#@s me off big time. I used to wire these duraspark's up now problem, but I have forgot how.

I put a pigtail off the duraspark box on the side with the 2 wires, one is white the other is red. Then I wired the red side straight to the positive side of battery. Then I hooked up the 4 wire lead on that goes from the duraspark box to the distributor and hooked up the coil. The red wire of the coil also goes straight to the positive side of the battery. I have the tach hooked up to the green side of coil.

It started like that, but the coil got warm to the touch. I let it run for about a minute and shut it down to clean up wires and keep them out of the pulleys. I can't get it to start back up now. WTF am I doing wrong.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the pictures. I still can't get this thing to run even after a new brain, coil, and distributor. I just ordered me a new 1 wire HEI distributor to put in it.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I put the hei distributor in it and it did the same thing. Took the distributor to my buddy at the parts store and we checked everything in the distributor, but everything tested out just fine. I brought it back home and stuck it backin, same stuff again. I took the tach wire off thinking that might be causing some kind of issue, and it fired up. Don't ask me what the deal was with the tach, but it runs fine now with the tach wire off. It started raining on me so I decided to quit and figure the tach out tomorrow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts