460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a couple yrs ago I purchased a used mini-starter on this forum and didn’t think to ask if it works with an automatic transmission. Between then and today I’ve had a complete custom set of stainless steel headers built around using this starter. I’ve just figured out that the starter is for a manual transmission. I’m kinda locked into the starter due to the header fab, so now I’m wondering if there are flex-plates available that will work with this starter??? Suggestions welcome.

Clint

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s a robbmc starter. I have an engine plate but don’t know it’s origin. Trans is a C6 if that matter.

Any way to tell which flex plate this supports?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found someone selling the engine plate I have pictured that is indicating it fits 78-82 Bronco and 77-82 trucks. So does this define which flex plate I should be using?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Unless i'm missing something you just need a flexplate for a big block with a C6, only difference being internal or external balance.

If you balancer spacer is smooth it's internal and it the spacer has a big weight on it it's external balance.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Rotating assembly is internally balanced. So which flex plate works for internal balanced? Summit shows both 164 and 184 tooth plates for internal balance, which is why I was trying to identify the correct flex plate to match the block spacer.

Sorry for all the BBF noob questions,

·
Registered
811 Posts
You don't have to apologize i just thought i was missing something.

I use a 164 tooth with a C6 BBF setup

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since the engine is internal balanced the flexplate should be without counterbalance weighting, correct?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts