460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iam goinging to purchase hemi heads for a598 10.3 deck. are there different makes? whats the good, bad, hows the castings,do they require porting? i have looked at kasse, c and c, and engine systems so far. i would appreciate any and all feed back.

T

·
0 Posts
Hemi heads

I just bought a set of C& C Motorsports hemi heads(A441). There are also the B441(4.9" bore spacing) & C441(5" bore spacing). The B & C441 heads are the Roberts design that came out back around 94 or 95. The C441 is what is run on the 815 IHRA pro stock engines. Carroll Carter is now the supplier of all 3 types. He has bought the patterns. He is definitely the man to talk to. The set I bought are probably good to a max engine size of 632-650 cid. The B & C441 heads are HUGE!!!! Unless you want to turn high RPMS you would need in my opinion at least a 700-750 cubic inch motorto keep the rpm level down. Mr. Carter can give you more accurate info on this. He is also talking about possibly casting a B441 head with smaller ports to work better on mid sized engines 650-750 cid. E mail me & I'll be glad to discuss where we are headed with my hemi project. Going to be a 598,A460 block,sheet metal intake with dual Ron's Terminators on alky. Hope this helps you.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
600 c.i. hemi heads with a psi screw blower

do you think this combo would warent the b heads? c&c is recomending the 200wrc's. any input would be helpfull. thanks richard

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dave Bamber is making some cnc billet heads for the hemi . Builds a lot of 650 and 700 cid hemi. 417-326-8616 stands behind his work......

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dave Bamber is making some cnc billet heads for the hemi . Builds a lot of 650 and 700 cid hemi. 417-326-8616 stands behind his work......

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cnc hemi heads

thanks for the info randy. any ideal what the sticker price is? richard

·
Registered
19 Posts
cnc billit

Richard I think he is gettting around the 10,000 to 12,000 for the billet heads set up . I know he is making over 1400 hp on 650 cid on alcohol. He does a lot of pulling truck motors on the outlawpulling.com circle and 650 cid turning 8500 sounds great . He does a lot of the cnc tractor heads too.. done the motor in ford tuff prostock 4x4 that won the class.

·
Registered
19 Posts
cnc billit

Richard I think he is gettting around the 10,000 to 12,000 for the billet heads set up . I know he is making over 1400 hp on 650 cid on alcohol. He does a lot of pulling truck motors on the outlawpulling.com circle and 650 cid turning 8500 sounds great . He does a lot of the cnc tractor heads too.. done the motor in ford tuff prostock 4x4 that won the class.

·
Registered
14 Posts
B-441 HEMI HEADS

Richard, You need to ask MR. ROOTE or JON KAASE ??????????? They read this forum. Please help?? What hemi head is best for a 598 build. Trust what they tell you, not some one trying to upon your wallet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bambers billit heads are some nice peices------

A local pulling team runs Bamber engines and had them make a set for there latest alum. 650 ci last summer ------VERY strong-------VERY impressive---Paul (I guess you could say there taking it to the next level)

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i cant thank all of you guys for your input enough. i never thought i would be asking for information on ford hemi heads. when i was a younger lad i had the oportunity to drive a 429boss mustang and did it ever scare the **** out of me. now that the kids are grown maried iam going to build what i always dreamed of a bbf rat exterminator. i will make another post stating my engine configeration and as you say maybe kasse will read it and give some good input. lovatto who is mr root , randy who is mr blair? dave bamber i will look into. thanks from an old dog richard

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hemi Heads

Randy M That was not a slash to Mr Dave Bamber. Richard is from the west coast.CAL. I think. He may not know of Bamber Racing Engines. He would know of Roote are Kaase.If you go to bambers shop (behind his house)you will know, HE IS A FORD GUY. Sorry.BAMBER RACING ENGINES 3884 HWY D Bolivar Mo. 65613 1-417-326-8616 He did all my c&c and head work!!!!

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lovatto you are right . up until now or i should say up until the time i got lucky and found this web site the only ford people were kasse & engine systems. if i offended anyone iam sorry. richard

1 - 18 of 18 Posts