460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Here is my Mach 1 1973 BBF 545 cid, my firs fire was 3 days ago.
This was the original project
[/img]

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Sounds and looks great.
What are the engine specs?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MOTOR SPECS

MOTOR

545 CID BORE 4.39 STROKE 4.5
C/R 14:1
TUNEL RAM WEIAND
TWO HOLLEY DOMINATORS 1150 CFM BY DAVINCI
JE FLAP TOP FORGED PISTONS -3CC
EDELBROCK PERFORMER CJ HEADS FULLY PORTED
SCAT 9000 STEEL CRANKSHAFT 4.5
SCAT H BEAM RODS 6.7
CLEVITE 77 ROD AND MAIN BEARINGS
SEAL GAPLESS RINGS
CRANE CAMS MECHANICAL ROLLER CAMSHAFT 272/280 @.500
POWERGLIDE PREPARED TO 1200 HP 2 SPEED AND 1.7 FIRST GEAR RATIO WITH TRANSBRAKE
ELECTRONICS ALL MSD WITH A 7 AL 3 IGNITION BOX

I am thinking start N/A in 1/8 with a set of 5.0 gears for a while, next with a little more experience I am going to run with in the 1/4 with a shot of NOS 300 HP and a 4.3 gears with my 16.5/33/15 goodyear slicks.

Somebody with this combo knows What HP and ET can I expect in the quarter, the car is around 2900 lbs ?

THANKS

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello Scott, Yes I remember you a year ago I was loocking by my elctronics with the help of this forum I decided bought a complete MSD package: wires, small diameter distribuitor, propower coil and 7 al 3 ignition box.
In regard to the ET´s and HP´s in México the tracks are very bad and higher i live at 2000 msnm I dont know how many pies is that but I am going to feel me very satisfaced if my car runs 10´s and is around 700 hps. Maybe with a 300 shot of NOS I can get a 9.9 ET.
THANKS

·
Registered
57 Posts
times

I have a friend with a 71 Mach 1 tube chassis street car, and with a single dominator and older aluminum SCJ heads his car runs 9.90's on motor. The cam is much milder, and he runs a C4. I would expect your car to be at least a mid nine car... I don't know what his car weights, but you should have him covered on power by quite a bit. We are close to sea level though...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello Codycr, Do you know what HP and altitude track is runing this Mach? The problem for N/A car in Mexico is the altitude I am at 6570 pies.
Mauricio

1 - 11 of 11 Posts