460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw one for the first time last weekend in nashville and what a beautiful car. I would say I wish they were for sale but couldn't afford one anyway. with a couple of dollars a gt could look and drive just as good though.

·
Registered
558 Posts
You saw one in Nashville?????? They are not supposed to be available there. I have to check this one out since I'll be in Bristol in a couple of weeks!!!!

Once they hit 16-20K miles they're supposed to be sold. Ford dealers have first dibs on them. Dammit.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shelby

the guy driving it said he got it in boston but it had south carolina plates. I also read that they are only available in certain areas. I live in nashville and got excited cause I told the wife I wanted to rent one for my birthday in September. I was bummed to see I can't get one here.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Well crap. I already have a reservation for Boston since I'm flying in there for the FFW Epping, NH race. At Norwalk, another racer told me he saw them in the Hertz lot in Columbus at the airport. They're not supposed to be there either!!!!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Not a good idea. Only 50 free miles per day of rental. Anything over that is 35 cents per mile. Also, they won't rent it to you unless you return it to that station. They don't want them ending up all over the U.S.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts