460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You're not going to see another video or news article about the latest scoring drive of a football game, nor basketball, baseball, soccer nor any others... This is a poem that I wrote in tribute of our far away sisters and brothers... I call it:
The "ULTIMATE" Team Sport....

The "ULTIMATE" Team Sport, is not that in which you rely on your teammate to throw the ball to home plate to save a run, or to clear the wall with a high, deep, well hit ball...

The "ULTIMATE" Team Sport, is not that which your teammates rely on you to throw a great block, so the running back can score the winning touchdown, helping the team take the football crown...

The 'ULTIMATE" Team Sport, "IS" that which you rely on your teammates to bravely do their jobs... To fight with you side by side, through trenches, locked doors, and sometimes even mobs...
Though political motivations tell "YOU" over there, your country isn't thrilled... You still fight on, watching each others' backs, to keep from getting killed...

NO, it's NOT held in any stadiums, on fields of grass, not even on a court... It's held on the fields of battle, Now THAT'S The "ULTIMATE" Team Sport...!!!

Written by Doug Roope
Helena, Montana.
Former soldier,
and life member of 460ford.com...

Whatcha guys think...?

Doug... 8)

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
You certainly have a way with words. Very nice. 8)

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
having never been there: WOW!
Pretending I have been there WOOW!!!

God bless our troops and the good old USA!!!!

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was watching a USO show on tv last night and they were interviewing Trace Adkins and he started talking about how of all of the sports teams in the United States, these guys played the ultimate team sport, and the words just started popping into my head, so I just wrote them down... I even sent a copy to his website and thanked him for the inspiration... 8)

Granted, it's not much as far as poems go, but it means alot to the troops when they get things like this from home... :wink:

Doug... 8)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts