460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the pic help.
Sometimes the pics I try to load don't come up even though I am using the same steps,and sometimes I get a message to log in when I am still (I thought) logged on?
The black one is mine.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Very nice Boss..........I'm drooling!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thaanks guys,
I made the wheel switch to clear the Baer 4 wheel discs and to get some good rubber on the car.
I see some folks on this site with much higher HP numbers than mine,I'm impressed,but how do you drive them on the street?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Beautiful car :!:

G

·
0 Posts
That car looks awesome. As Bret just said, the 69's rule, and on top of that a black 9, man that car is just sweet. Love the stance.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all of the positive response!
I love this car and engine combo,but with the rising values I'm torn as to weather to keep driving it or sell it.
I am looking for enough spare parts to build another engine in case I break the original.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Very, very nice. I really appreciate the upgrades (over stock). You did a very nice job and have good taste.

I am curious though since you brought up the value thing. I see Boss 429s on Ebay with very high reserves that go unsold. I know that there are precious few but I have been wondering just what it takes to get a nice specimen like yours.

I am not asking you to put a price on yours but rather give us your educated guess as to what the range is on cars that actually do trade hands.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
2112 said:
Very, very nice. I really appreciate the upgrades (over stock). You did a very nice job and have good taste.

I am curious though since you brought up the value thing. I see Boss 429s on Ebay with very high reserves that go unsold. I know that there are precious few but I have been wondering just what it takes to get a nice specimen like yours.

I am not asking you to put a price on yours but rather give us your educated guess as to what the range is on cars that actually do trade hands.
Thanks for the kind words!
As far as values go,if Barrett Jackson is a barometer you could spend up to 600,000.00 on a Concours Boss 429.
That being said,mine will never,at least as long as I own it,be a Concours car.Reason being is that I'm just a rodder at heart and couldn't leave well enough alone.
You see,I had it when it was Concours,as in when I took delivery of the Boss in June of 1969,it had 0 miles on it.
But,like everyone else who had a Muscle Car in 1969 we wanted them to be faster than everyone's.
So,I made changes.
As far as value on my car,to me it's priceless,how can you replace a 1 owner car.
Besides,I'm still having fun with it !

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Wow, Original owner to boot. I agree; priceless.

If I were to have one, I would want to drive it not just look at it. As the values continue to escalate, I am sure fewer and fewer will see pavement.

You really did the right amount, not too much modification to loose the true essence.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2112 said:
Wow, Original owner to boot. I agree; priceless.

If I were to have one, I would want to drive it not just look at it. As the values continue to escalate, I am sure fewer and fewer will see pavement.

You really did the right amount, not too much modification to loose the true essence.
That is the real issue,I do want to drive it,logged 3000 miles last summer.It took 3 drums + of 110 octane Sunoco,combined with ever esclating insurance costs its getting pricey.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts