460 Ford Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got a 80 notch back that was orgionally a 4cyl 4 speed car that i picked up not too long ago. i put together a 302 swap that included ported and port matched E7TE heads, victor JR intake, 600 DP holly, B303 cam and valvesprings. im thinking about putting together a 460 over the winter to start the new season off for next year.

my question is, (and i read the horsepower chart) how does one get away with a 750 carb on most of those setup's?

im not going to be putting the car together for a hardcore 8sec class or anything like that.. its going to be a primarily strip car that'll see some street once in a great while.

ive got a C4 in the car now, that thought about pulling and selling along with the 302.

i just dont want to put together a motor and be nothing but problems.

how long will the stock rotating assembly be able to take w/o putting rods in it (will do that eventually). i plan on spraying the car with at least a 100shot if not more depending on how strong the motor is.

im not looking for any crazy RPM's or anyhting just a solid street/strip motor that'll take some abuse

thanks guys,
Andrew

·
0 Posts
just a FYI..you need a good tach..that factory one is way off..it is set for a stock 4 cylinder motor..and...hooker makes a compete kit.headers and mounts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1967falconman said:
just a FYI..you need a good tach..that factory one is way off..it is set for a stock 4 cylinder motor..and...hooker makes a compete kit.headers and mounts
this is true.. but there's a rotory dial at the base of the tach on the factory dash that has a selector

far left is 4cyl middle is 6cyl and far right is 8cyl.
but im planning on buying a tach eventually also.

if someone wants to move it to the other section thats fine (not sure if i can do it or what)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts